Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57
  1. #11
    Members
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,564


    1 Not allowed!
    I'd agree with that, WBA are gone, Saints won't get out of trouble so we are 1 of 8 sides who could possibly get relegated along with those 2. I'm not sure that those 7 sides can all jump past us even if we remain on 34. I think we are 98% safe

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Y.P.J spence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Non EU
      Posts
      8,243


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perkino View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'd agree with that, WBA are gone, Saints won't get out of trouble so we are 1 of 8 sides who could possibly get relegated along with those 2. I'm not sure that those 7 sides can all jump past us even if we remain on 34. I think we are 98% safe
      We won't lose 8 on the bounce. Safe to say we will pick up a few points.
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
    • #13
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      lewes
      Posts
      3,143


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'll get back to you when I've looked up 'extrapolating'.
      extend the application of (a method or conclusion) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.
    • #14
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      70,023


      0 Not allowed!
      is their a site which shows all the remaining Premier games as I cant find one and would love to see what games each club has. i e who is playing other clubs in relegation trouble.
    • #15
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      11,395


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Southampton have more away games I believe and the home games are tough.
      Itís a tough one to call but we need something from the Leicester game for sure
      Not necessarily the Leicester game, there are others we need points from, but l agree, we aren't quite safe yet.
    • #16
      Members el punal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!
      Posts
      7,119


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We are not safe yet and a few more games wher we are not allowed to play and panic could see us dragged back into the relegation zone. Leicester, Palace and Huddersfield will be in our faces, hope we cope better than we did yesterday.
      Any reason why WE shouldn't be in their faces? Yesterday was a "bad day at the office", poor second half but not disastrous. The disastrous label can be pinned on the performances of Southampton, West Ham and West Brom.
    • #17
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      50,394


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Any reason why WE shouldn't be in their faces? Yesterday was a "bad day at the office", poor second half but not disastrous. The disastrous label can be pinned on the performances of Southampton, West Ham and West Brom.
      I think any team that gets in our faces puts us on the back foot and tends to make us panic. City and Liverpool, to be expected but also Huddersfield, Leicester, Palace in the league game, Southampton and Stoke at home, WBA, Bournemouth and Everton away have all thrown us out of our stride. We do not cope well with teams that close us down quickly and try to stop us playing., there have been too many games where we sat back and tried to contain, just imo. To be expected early season but now we have options upfront we should be doing exactly as you say and getting in their faces.
      Last edited by Icy Gull; 11-03-2018 at 12:30.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
    • #18

      0 Not allowed!
      I've been doing a similar extrapolation based on @Giraffe's model of win home games against bottom 11 and draw away, for safety.

      I have looked at current points achieved in home and away games against Top 6 - Middle 3 (Southampton, Bournemouth, Everton) and bottom 11.

      My current final table for the teams most at risk is:
      Name:  table.png
Views: 509
Size:  5.8 KB

      The main flaw with this model is that it doesn't take into account results against each other.

      i.e it assumes that West Ham are likely to take 3pts in total from their home games against Southampton and Stoke and that Southampton and Stoke will take 1 pt each from the same games.

      Clearly that won't be the case.
    • #19
      Members 5mins-from-amex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      coldean
      Posts
      1,572


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I donít think Palace will go down. With Zaha now back, they will be more threatening and their fixtures arenít that bad.

      They have
      Huddersfield A
      Liverpool H
      Bournemouth A
      BHA H
      Watford A
      Leicester H
      Stoke A
      WBA H
      Agree but if Zaha was to get another injury then maybe they might struggle. Wonder if Huddersfield will target him...
      Before Alamein we never had a victory. After Alamein we never had a defeat.
      Winston Churchill
    • #20

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don’t think Palace will go down. With Zaha now back, they will be more threatening and their fixtures aren’t that bad.

      They have
      Huddersfield A
      Liverpool H
      Bournemouth A
      BHA H
      Watford A
      Leicester H
      Stoke A
      WBA H

      Agree their fixtures aren't bad, but the pressure is on them to pick up the seemingly easy points.
      Lose at Huddersfield next week and that pressure will get worse.
      And they aren't the best at handling pressure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •