Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Thread - Everton (A)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Ryan - 7. Excellent penalty save. Was visibly annoyed at Bong’s performance today. Still question marks about his tendency to stay on his line for crosses/corners but couldn’t help either goal.
Schelotto - 6. Got forward well. Still a bit naive and silly - needless booking gave them a dangerous free kick.

Dunk - 6. Solid.

Duffy - 6. Solid. Thought the penalty was a touch soft.

Bong - 4. One to forget, an own goal can happen to anyone, but it was the defending and lack of awareness which led to it in this case. Positionally terrible today. Some poor crosses and went to sleep after the OG letting them in at the back post again, where they should have scored.

Knockaert - 1. Hate to lay into our own lads, but really terrible today. I said to my old man at half time he was having a shocker and couldn’t see him coming back out. Nothing worked for him, which we are used to off Anthony’s off days, but more worrying was his attitude. He didn’t chase back as much as usual and the red card was pure frustration. Blazed high and wide in his only creative moment and I didn’t think for a second he’d score. Needs some time out to refresh, get his head right and start afresh. Oh, and lost the ball leading to their opening goal.

Kayal - 5. Showed (me, at least, I’ve been a Stephens-skeptic in the past) how much we miss Stephens. Lacks his physical presence in breaking up attacks. But moreover, it changed the whole shape of our team - here’s why. Stephens challenges every header in defence midfield as the anchor man. Kayal is never going to win anything, so this meant Propper and the centre halves had to drop into the “hole” to challenge Sigurdsson and their striker. The tight shape (our bread and butter) was compromised constantly which left us trapped in our own half and unable to get out. Looked reasonable on the ball but would’ve preferred Pröpper sitting in, and Kayal going box to box to support Gross.

Pröpper - 6. Did quite well I thought, lots of good tackles in the middle of the pith. Done for pace a few times as usual but never critically so.

Gross - 6. Again, decent enough. Lovely Cruyff turn (his favourite). Needs players in and around him!

Izquierdo - 6. Worked hard. Offered little creatively and spent a lot of energy supporting Bong who really struggled.

Murray - 6. Lead the line in his usual style. One shot. Got frustrated - just one of those days.

Bad day at the office all round really. Was delighted to be at 0-0 at half time, as I thought we were good for a point.

Never mind - onwards and upwards!!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Ryan - 8

Schelotto - 5
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 6
Bong - 4

Knockaert - 0
Kayal - 3
Propper - 6
Izquierdo - 5

Gross - 6
Murray - 5

Last edited:

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Schelotto: I think a rethink re a mark of 6!!! Poor display.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Izquierdo wasn't able to produce much today, but I love his composure on the ball to make passes.

Excluding the penalty, which I didn't think was a penalty, I thought Duffy didn't play to the standards he is capable of today. The only one of the back four who played well was Dunk.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Ryan - 8

Schelotto - 5
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 6
Bong - 4

Knockaert - 0
Kayal - 3
Propper - 6
Izquierdo - 5

Gross - 5
Murray - 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
6 being the satisfactory average mark

Ryan 6 No chancre with goals and good penalty save.
Schelotto 5 Not his best game
Duffy 6 Unlucky with the penalty
Dunk 6 Didnt let himserlf or the team down.
Bong 5 A game he will want to forget.
Knockaert 1 Disgraceful tackle for the red card and not much else of note in the game.
Propper 7 Tried hard to cover Stephens
Kayal 4 Very poor
Izquierdo 6 Not given many balls to capitalize.on.
Gross 6.5 Looked frustrated at niot getting the balls through from Midfield
Murray 6 Did as well as could be expected
Subs

Suttner 6 OK but nota great improvement on Bong
Locadia 6 I great move the died away.
Ulloa 6 Looked lively without being a threat.

Overall team performance 5 Not Good enough.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just got back.

Thought Bong was a lot better than some of the scores on here and Schelotto a”worse!

All opinions. 6 being average,

Ryan 8
Schelotto 5
Bong 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Knockaert 3 - never mind the sending off the first goal was down to him and he was poor in possession.
Kayal 5
Propper 6.5
Izquierdo 5
Gross 6.5
Murray 6

Subs - All a bit late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ryan - 7. Excellent penalty save. Was visibly annoyed at Bong’s performance today. Still question marks about his tendency to stay on his line for crosses/corners but couldn’t help either goal.
Schelotto - 6. Got forward well. Still a bit naive and silly - needless booking gave them a dangerous free kick.

Dunk - 6. Solid.

Duffy - 6. Solid. Thought the penalty was a touch soft.

Bong - 4. One to forget, an own goal can happen to anyone, but it was the defending and lack of awareness which led to it in this case. Positionally terrible today. Some poor crosses and went to sleep after the OG letting them in at the back post again, where they should have scored.

Knockaert - 1. Hate to lay into our own lads, but really terrible today. I said to my old man at half time he was having a shocker and couldn’t see him coming back out. Nothing worked for him, which we are used to off Anthony’s off days, but more worrying was his attitude. He didn’t chase back as much as usual and the red card was pure frustration. Blazed high and wide in his only creative moment and I didn’t think for a second he’d score. Needs some time out to refresh, get his head right and start afresh. Oh, and lost the ball leading to their opening goal.

Kayal - 5. Showed (me, at least, I’ve been a Stephens-skeptic in the past) how much we miss Stephens. Lacks his physical presence in breaking up attacks. But moreover, it changed the whole shape of our team - here’s why. Stephens challenges every header in defence midfield as the anchor man. Kayal is never going to win anything, so this meant Propper and the centre halves had to drop into the “hole” to challenge Sigurdsson and their striker. The tight shape (our bread and butter) was compromised constantly which left us trapped in our own half and unable to get out. Looked reasonable on the ball but would’ve preferred Pröpper sitting in, and Kayal going box to box to support Gross.

Pröpper - 6. Did quite well I thought, lots of good tackles in the middle of the pith. Done for pace a few times as usual but never critically so.

Gross - 6. Again, decent enough. Lovely Cruyff turn (his favourite). Needs players in and around him!

Izquierdo - 6. Worked hard. Offered little creatively and spent a lot of energy supporting Bong who really struggled.

Murray - 6. Lead the line in his usual style. One shot. Got frustrated - just one of those days.

Bad day at the office all round really. Was delighted to be at 0-0 at half time, as I thought we were good for a point.

Never mind - onwards and upwards!!!

Hard to disagree with any of that.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I couldn’t watch the game last night so it’s interesting to see the comments re Knockeart. What a shame, last season he was showing so much promise and I really thought we would be seeing great things from him this season.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Ryan- 4- Got lucky with the Penalty save. Should've saved Bongs own goal.

Bong- 1- looks like he's just playing for money. Get rid.

Dunk-4- A Donkey chasing a carrot.

Duffy- 2- Looked like he was trying to help his old club out.

Schitletto-3- Needs to stop caring about his hair and focus on the football.

AK-0- Club need to terminate his contract immediately and get him banned from Football.

Kayal- 4- He's no Dale Stephens.

Propper- 4- I would've given him a 5 but the 'pally' stuff he had going on with Klaassen was disgraceful.

Ezqueirdo- 3- The jury's out on him. Still yet to see what he's all about.

Gross- 4- Should've done better with the shot from the centre kick, at least hit the target!

Murray-3- League 1 standard.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Would be good parody if other people had overreacted with their ratings. The absence of which makes your post a waste of bandwidth.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Really can't believe our support this season, Hughton got it wrong today, although some of our fans seem to think that saying that means you aren't a fan. We've been playing so well lately because we actually attacked sides, today he reverted back to the defensive/take a point tactics and we got what we deserved. Those fans who said that Stephens should be dropped were proved wrong today, he is critical to the team and providing we stay up we need another CM of his quality.

Again the same fans who loved knocky for wearing his heart on his sleeve last year are now complaining about his petulance (it's exactly the same thing) and if anyone thought he could take the piss out of teams this year like he did last season then you don't understand football .Yes he was poor today, but so were most of the team, Izquierdo had a nothing game again but I've not seen many complaints ??? We'll also see if Solly can step up as he has also had a pretty poor season.

Still we're in a great position with some very winnable home games coming up so hopefully we can get to 40 point at least and push on next year.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Midfield gave Rooney, Sigurdson and Walcott to much space we needed to be in their faces instead we sat very deep and to be fair soaked up a lot going in half time 0-0 I hoped we would take the game to them a bit more, Bongs Own goal is just one of those things but it did appear to knock his confidence and they did target him from that point on, Knocaert was struggling but no more than the rest of our midfielders he lost his cool sent off but by then the game was lost, Ryan great save could nothing for either goal.

On another day Bongs knee puts the ball out to safety the defence who on the whole kept their shape don't switch of to allow the second goal and we come home with a draw I don't think the result should be seen as anything other thanJust a bad day at the office we move on

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
For me, the best players were Gross, Dunk and Ryan.

My pitch-side position probably wasn't good enough for a clear opinion on every player, but with Knockaert's tackle only 5 yards away and his equally significant failure to go with Bolasie before he crossed for the first goal I think I can score that one OK.

We lost it in midfield though and Kayal wasn't the only one responsible there. Far too many passes were made by midfielders going straight to Everton which kept us under pressure and also meant that Murray had very little supply.

Ryan - 7
Schelotto - 5
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 6
Bong - 4
Knockaert - 1
Kayal - 4
Propper - 6
Izquierdo - 5
Gross - 7
Murray - 6

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Our full backs were pretty much non existent. Walcott and Bolassie won’t have many easier afternoons.

It was very worrying watching this. Schelotto looked like he had never played football before.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 6
Schelotto 4
Duffy 4
Dunk 5
Bong 4
(Suttner 82min, 4)
Knockaert 3
Kayal 4
(Locadia 69min, 5)
Pröpper 5
Izquierdo 4
Groß 5
Murray 4
(Ulloa 77min, 4)

Woeful, what a difference a week makes. :(

Still not all bad Palace, Southampton, West Brom & West Ham all lost, every cloud. :thumbsup:

Come on you Spurs!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here