Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where’s Dale

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He’ll certainly be injured. We have no CM on the bench which tells you enough.

Picked up a knock in training - confirmed by the Argus.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Slight knock in training according to the Argus’ roving reporter.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A little bit worried avout Kayal today if I'm honest... quality player without doubt but will surely be a bit rusty.

I'm more concerned about the team as a whole. Kayal is good, and made some important possession winning tackles late in the game v Arsenal. The problem for me is his lack of time playing alongside Propper. There were a lot of misplaced passes, missed runs etc in the early games as Propper and Stephens developed a partnership. If our centre midfield pairing are getting to know each other during the game, it could spell trouble. I can see us being overrun in midfield, not because either player in particular, just due to their unfamiliarity. I suppose a big difference, which could negate that, in our early games Propper had only recently signed, whereas now Kayal and Propper will have had months training together.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kayal hasn’t got Stephens defensive qualities, and with Propper isn’t pacey.

Creating a weakness in front of the back 4. I hope this does allow Sigurdsson and an awful Everton team (their fans view on grandoldteam) to be played back into form.

Over to CH and his set up.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I've got faith in King Kayal today. He is class and him playing with 1 different player in midfield wont effect him. Any time goal scorer for me today.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Kayal will not let the team down its been ages his recovery and to then get an opportunity but clearly he has been pushing for a place for some weeks now

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kayal is a remarkably underrated player on this forum, he's Premier League class and he'll do well today. I would have liked to see him and Propper either side of Stephens to combat the way Everton play through the middle but he and Propper will work it out.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Where's Dale

Considering we have no injury worries, where’s Dale today, not even on the bench!!???

It is fairly close to Burnley, perhaps he's taking a look to see what he's missing.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Proving, once again how much we need him.
If there are any left who aren't convinced.that is.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Kayal hasn’t got Stephens defensive qualities, and with Propper isn’t pacey.

Creating a weakness in front of the back 4. I hope this does allow Sigurdsson and an awful Everton team (their fans view on grandoldteam) to be played back into form.

Over to CH and his set up.

Kayal and Propper are both quicker than Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here