Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray do England on TalkSport now.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Murray FOR england about to be discussed.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Never ceases to amaze me, especially on Talksport, when a player finds some form and suddenly he is World Cup quality.
No pop at Murray, he has been great lately and I am very grateful but come on, it's ridiculous.
I am not much of an England fan, so if in some bizzare move he does go then I will be proud because Brighton have a player at the World Cup.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Never ceases to amaze me, especially on Talksport, when a player finds some form and suddenly he is World Cup quality.
No pop at Murray, he has been great lately and I am very grateful but come on, it's ridiculous.
I am not much of an England fan, so if in some bizzare move he does go then I will be proud because Brighton have a player at the World Cup.

We will have at least one player at the World Cup, regardless.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Murray has always scored goals wherever he's been. He's now proving he can score against some of the best defences in the league. Forming a formidable partnership with Gross. Even at 34 he's proving to the sceptics that if you can provide him the service he will score goals. Not sure what his conversion rate is as per chances to goals but l imagine it is pretty high. Southgate should at least pick him for the friendlies coming up and a goal or two today would have the pundits salivating. The Murray for England momentum is building!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I both agree and disagree.

We have to remember that "Murray to start for England" is not the proposal here, it's more "Who should England's 4th striker be?", and that discussion is a valid and interesting one. After Kane, Vardy and Rashford, where do you look for that last striker, the "offers something different" option?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

We have to remember that "Murray to start for England" is not the proposal here, it's more "Who should England's 4th striker be?", and that discussion is a valid and interesting one. After Kane, Vardy and Rashford, where do you look for that last striker, the "offers something different" option?

Apart from GM, there isn't anybody of note, that stands out in his position, to the speed merchants England already have.
Ashley Barnes could do a job possibly!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There's a thought. Imagine the semi finals with the first choice all suspended or injured and it's Glenn and Ashley up front for England !
I might even watch that

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Agree.

Two scenarios here: If you're losing in the last 10 they've got 10 players in the box, is sending on Vardy or Rashford or Abraham or Sturridge really going to change anything, or do you stick on the guy who's great at getting on the end of crosses. OR, if England build their strategy around Kane as a loan striker with Sterling and Rashford wide, what happens if he gets injured? Vardy is great, should be picked, but won't play the role the same way as Kane, Murray can at least play the strategy. Its not ideal I know but he can do it.

having said all that Welbeck playing well against Milan the other night may have pushed him back up the pecking order. And if Carroll gets fit before the end of the season he is surely ahead of Murray

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apart from GM, there isn't anybody of note, that stands out in his position, to the speed merchants England already have.
Ashley Barnes could do a job possibly!

I mean this in the nicest possible way but....your new avatar is a bit too dark. First glance, I thought 'what's Derek Griffiths doing with that glove puppet?' :facepalm::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's in homage to CH, when he was a special guest on PlayAway, as DG impersonator :wink:

Back to normal now :)

I dare not change mine, even temporarily, because the signed photo avatar was taken from something I found on the web in 2003, and its no longer there.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Agree.

Two scenarios here: If you're losing in the last 10 they've got 10 players in the box, is sending on Vardy or Rashford or Abraham or Sturridge really going to change anything, or do you stick on the guy who's great at getting on the end of crosses. OR, if England build their strategy around Kane as a loan striker with Sterling and Rashford wide, what happens if he gets injured? Vardy is great, should be picked, but won't play the role the same way as Kane, Murray can at least play the strategy. Its not ideal I know but he can do it.

having said all that Welbeck playing well against Milan the other night may have pushed him back up the pecking order. And if Carroll gets fit before the end of the season he is surely ahead of Murray

I really wanted to be a pedant and question if England are only 'loaning' Harry Kane......but thought better of it:)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Murray has always scored goals wherever he's been. He's now proving he can score against some of the best defences in the league. Forming a formidable partnership with Gross. Even at 34 he's proving to the sceptics that if you can provide him the service he will score goals. Not sure what his conversion rate is as per chances to goals but l imagine it is pretty high. Southgate should at least pick him for the friendlies coming up and a goal or two today would have the pundits salivating. The Murray for England momentum is building!

Murray has 11 goals from 34 shots at goal, compared to Kanes 24 from 119 shots, Murray has a way better conversion rate, but it doesn't tell the full story really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here