PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Goodison Park
Date: Saturday 10th March 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Roger East
Assistants: Simon Long, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: Paul Tierney

TEAM NEWS

Everton are boosted by the return of defenders Phil Jagielka and Ramiro Funes Mori from injury.

Ashley Williams is suspended after his sending off at Burnley last weekend, and Eliaquim Mangala is out for the season with a knee problem.

Brighton have no fresh injury concerns for their visit to Goodison Park.

Ezequiel Schelotto has been cleared to play after being forced off with concussion last time out against Arsenal.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Bower: "The mood of these two clubs heading into this one is contrasting. Brighton are unbeaten in seven league and cup games, and have 34 points on the board, while a run of two wins from 11 top-flight matches has well and truly ended Sam Allardyce's honeymoon period on Merseyside.

"The Everton boss will be relieved to be back at Goodison Park, where the Blues have only lost one of their last nine, for what he calls their "bread and butter".

"He will be more than aware of the questions many have asked of his team and that the natives are more than restless and will want a positive reaction.

"That will be easier said than done against a team with real confidence and momentum, and with one of the league's in-form strikers in Glenn Murray.

"Chris Hughton has embraced the challenge for new records and standards, and Brighton's first win at Goodison is the latest in his sights."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Everton manager Sam Allardyce: "We have put a lot of pressure on ourselves because of the last two away results and we have to cope with that pressure and deliver for the fans.

"We are all aware of the disappointment away from home but we have to look at our home results and at the moment that is where our bread and butter lies.

"That is where we have been good, we've won the last two home games and only conceded two goals, which were penalties."

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "This is the best form we've been in this season - but the next game is always the toughest. We're in a position where the changes between a few games can make a big difference.

"What we've done here is tried to build something. We have players who have been here a while and we've recruited well too. We've brought in good types who have added to us. We haven't changed what we do on the pitch dramatically either."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Everton have lost just twice to Brighton in 12 previous meetings.
    [*=left]They have never lost against the Seagulls in five previous games at Goodison Park (W3, D2).

Everton

• [*=left]Everton have lost just once in their last nine matches at home in the Premier League (W6, D2).
    [*=left]However, they have registered just two victories in their last 11 games in total (D3, L6).
    [*=left]After picking up 10 points from a possible 12 in Sam Allardyce's first four games in charge (W3, D1), the Toffees have earned just nine from the last 33 available (W2, D3, L6).
    [*=left]The Toffees have suffered 19 defeats in all competitions in 2017-18, their most in a single season since 21 losses in 2005-06.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton's victory over Arsenal stretched their unbeaten run in all competitions to seven games (W5, D2).
    [*=left]They haven't won away from home in the Premier League since a 1-0 win over Swansea at the start of November, a run of eight games (D3, L5).
    [*=left]After a run of six away league games without a goal, Brighton have opened the scoring in their last two on the road. However, they've ended up drawing both games 1-1.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has seven Premier League goals this calendar year - only Mohamed Salah (eight) and Sergio Aguero (nine) have more in 2018.
    [*=left]Murray has eight goals in 10 games in all competitions.
    [*=left]Pascal Gross has eight Premier League assists this season - the only players with better records are Manchester United's Paul Pogba and Manchester City trio Kevin de Bruyne, Leroy Sane and David Silva.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bad feeling about this one, Everton back at home and the return of 2 good players, they will really go for it today to get much needed points.
Happy with a point but would be fantastic if we win as we would be so close to being safe.
I was more confident we would beat Arsenal than Everton.
Dislike Allardyce with a passion so I would be so happy if we don't lose.
1-1 methinks.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground for this one,very much a danger of after the Lord Mayors show about it,the recent form of the Albion has been a real joy but this is a tough,tough match.I am cautiously optimistic but prepared for the worse.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am feeling optimistic about this one and really hope we can beat Everton. It is obviously going to be a hard game but hoping for a 2-1 to us.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Best of luck all travelling today, M6 now my least favourite Motorway in the UK...

0-0 will be a great result, fingers crossed.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I think we will concede our customary goal, it all depends if we can score. With Murray on fire, Izquierdo, Knockaert, Locadia and Ulloa we have options and some pace. I think we will win 2-1 and continue the fairy tail!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Putting my tin helmet on.
I would not start Murray.
In the news, in form, Allardyce will want him taken out the game.
Locadia is an unknown quantity, no one knows f**k all about him and is busting to get going.
Everton will be expecting Murray to start and will have concentrated on him.
I would start Locadia and Ulloa.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just leaving Euston on the 09:07, so excited

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree with the sentiment, I think a draw would be a good result and would take that now.

Their home record isn't too bad, our away record isn't that good. There's more to consider than just the form table.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here