Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jim Davidson on Piers Morgan's Life Stories

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Media outlets reporting that a number of people, including a black husband and wife, walked out of the audience when Davidson did his 'Chalky' impersonation from the 1970's/80s.

Obviously this will always offend some people but in all seriousness why did they go in the first place, clearly by the very nature of the show is looking back this subject was always going to be raised?

More column inches for the PC brigade..........

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When does the show air?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Can't think of many combinations I would want to see less than Jim Davidson and Piers Morgan. Davidson not realising that the world has moved on and Piers Morgan pretending he has the right to any moral high ground.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Media outlets reporting that a number of people, including a black husband and wife, walked out of the audience when Davidson did his 'Chalky' impersonation from the 1970's/80s.

Obviously this will always offend some people but in all seriousness why did they go in the first place, clearly by the very nature of the show is looking back this subject was always going to be raised?
Do you mean they showed footage of him doing it in the past, or he did it again?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't think of many combinations I would want to see less than Jim Davidson and Piers Morgan. Davidson not realising that the world has moved on and Piers Morgan pretending he has the right to any moral high ground.

100% THIS. Pair of total *****.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

i would like to see it but only if it was suffixed with "versus a hungry tiger"

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

More column inches for the PC brigade..........

Unless I've missed the bit where the people walking out have publicly expressed their distaste to the media, I fail to see how this is 'column inches for the PC brigade'? I'be just done a quick search and it all looks to have been reported pretty much straight up no?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

The cringe level will be high!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Davison is so yesterday’s man and an irrelevance these days

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Don't see the point in it. JD refused to move on, like Bernard Manning, standing up for the right to make a joke out of race in a derisory way and continuing to supporting negative racial bias/stereotypes. Funny at the time, along with Love Thy Neighbour, Alf Garnet, On The Buses etc, but not any more. I think the only show that was clever enough to pull off 'race parody' type humour was Rising Damp. Rossiter's character was both odious and unlikable, difficult to empathise with, unlike white roles in other shows that seemed to reflect the social acceptance of biases at the time. IMHO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a pity nobody knew in advance that these two specimens would be in the same building as each other. Perhaps a strategic drone strike could have been arranged.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
*cough* wife beater *cough*

Was 'PC Brigade' the officer that arrested him?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here