Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Top Gear Host in fatal crash

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well according to the advert on the top of my screen anyway.

Lineker arrested last week too.

Move to Worthing, far gentler and relaxed here, I just get the Santander 3-2-1 account at the top of my page.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very poor taste.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tell that to the people who made the ad, and the person who hosted said advert.

That's what I meant mate. Horrible ******** to get clicks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it's a good way of driving the point home that these ads aren't wanted or needed on NSC.

Indeed sod the revenue they generate, how do you suppose NSC is funded - by membership costs ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's a good way of driving the point home that these ads aren't wanted or needed on NSC.
But how can they be stopped? There's no code that can stop future ones appearing. Each one can be reported and Bozza can try and remove it, but in the meantime it would be better if fewer people have to see the titles, rather than makes us all see them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tell that to the people who made the ad, and the person who hosted said advert.

Have we ever met?

I'm racking my brains as to why, year after year, you've sat behind your keyboard having digs at me. Just what have I done?

Whilst ads are a necessary evil, believe it or not I don't subscribe to putting any old shit on the site in the interests of revenue generation. NSC could earn significantly more if I didn't care and sold out to the numerous approaches I receive, weekly, for what will undoubtedly be poor-quality ads of the kind described here.

Unfortunately, due to the way ads are almost always served to a specific user based on a range of criteria, there is little chance that I will have seen the same ads as anyone else so if an assumption is taken that I've seen an ad and believe it is ok, then that assumption will be wrong. I'm being bombarded by Disney Cruise Line right now, for example. I suspect most others on NSC are not.

I will raise these ads with our ad agency to see what they can do - something I've done repeatedly, over the years, whenever concerns are raised to me about specific ads.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm racking my brains as to why, year after year, you've sat behind your keyboard having digs at me. Just what have I done?
Typical Rodriguez style defence.
NSC could earn significantly more if I didn't care and sold out to the numerous approaches I receive, weekly, for what will undoubtedly be poor-quality ads of the kind described here.
Appreciated :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ad partner are looking at it now.

If you can post a screenshot here so they can see the graphic of the ad and/or click through once to get the destination URL, that would help tremendously.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here