Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Racism in English Football

lsm

Banned
Mar 7, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season

LSM

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hi everyone,
I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season

LSM

Umm... there’s nothing in your post or survey indicating who you are, or for whom you are conducting your research. Are you an academic? A student? For which institution? A journalist? Someone representing white supremacists?

I’m sorry, but I’m not responding to something as anonymous as this. :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
if it's part of an academic study I suggest you seek advice in putting together a questionnaire (eg space for comments) and think about how you are going to use the results

lsm

Banned
Mar 7, 2018
Umm... there’s nothing in your post or survey indicating who you are, or for whom you are conducting your research. Are you an academic? A student? For which institution? A journalist? Someone representing white supremacists?

I’m sorry, but I’m not responding to something as anonymous as this. :shrug:

No problem, thats your choice. Every other forum has responded with supportive and nice comments. Then there's you.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No problem, thats your choice. Every other forum has responded with supportive and nice comments. Then there's you.

Your decision to not respond in a substantive manner is telling, at least to me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Its for a research project at university. Why do you have to be a complete arse?

Every other uni student who posts surveys on here for their dissertation says so in their first post and also says which institute they are studying at. Also every single survey has had a logo of the institution. Some have included the ethics committee approval document.

Yours? Not so much. For all we know, you could be a member of a race hate group seeking input from football fans to further an agenda.

If you really are a uni student, I’m surprised that a) you can’t see this, b) your tutor let you send out this survey with nothing linking you to an academic institution.

lsm

Banned
Mar 7, 2018
Every other uni student who posts surveys on here for their dissertation says so in their first post and also says which institute they are studying at. Also every single survey has had a logo of the institution. Some have included the ethics committee approval document.

Yours? Not so much. For all we know, you could be a member of a race hate group seeking input from football fans to further an agenda.

If you really are a uni student, I’m surprised that a) you can’t see this, b) your tutor let you send out this survey with nothing linking you to an academic institution.
What a complete arse you are. Everyone else has been supportive and you're just being pathetic. I don't even want you to take the survey, where the hell has the accusation of being from a far right organisation come from?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Give the guy a break !

He has come here for opinion and feedback, from us as football fans !

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
The last question is loaded and unanswerable.

"Do you think social media has led to a rise in racism in football" - this is loaded as it makes the presumption that racism has risen.

I don't think it has risen so how can I correctly answer the question as the only possible responses are both implying it has risen.

As a university (or any other research for that matter) research, you should ask unloaded questions and then draw conclusions. You cannot have a conclusion (i.e. there has been a rise in racism in football) and then ask supporting questions as to the cause.

Research is (and should be) looking at facts and then drawing conclusions, not drawing conclusions and trying to get facts to fit in/support that conclusion.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Give the guy a break !

He has come here for opinion and feedback, from us as football fans !

I’ve given him a break - by approving all four of his posts - two of which contain abuse. If others are happy to respond to his survey, the link is shown in his OP...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Polytechnic. Thick as shit.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
'Have you ever been racist to a footballer on social media?'

Might want to ponder that one. Do I have to put my name to it ? :lolol:

Seriously, the boundaries of the survey are too narrow and the questions too broad. E.g 'Do you think social media has contributed to an increase of racism in English football?' Are you referring to the match experience or the cultural attitude ? There has been an increase in racism but this may be because it's more conspicuous. That's a chapter in itself.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
NSC is sometimes a great place to visit, the help it provides to people and the money we raise is wonderful to see.

NSC is sometimes an embarrassment too, questioning if you're a Nazi because you didn't type a comment exactly as they wanted and generally just being a bunch of miserable ****ers to a new user.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’ve given him a break - by approving all four of his posts - two of which contain abuse. If others are happy to respond to his survey, the link is shown in his OP...

Hardly abuse !! Think your response to the original post warranted his reply IMO !

He’s obviously passionate about the subject, hence his response!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have written the odd survey. This is shit. For example the question about 'have you experienced'. You MUST have a demograhic declaration Q. What proportion of white footy fans have been subjected to racism at the football? FFS. Eejit. Deserves a 'Douglas' for this effort.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Poor kid, comes here to ask for help and gets battered !

Maybe instead of ridiculing him, maybe those of a higher intelligence, should guide him and help him ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here