Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Could Cause A Few Problems

el punal

I've just been checking the dates for our remaining fixtures, so far so good, until you factor in our yet to be arranged game with Man City.

Man City are involved in the Champions League, and should they successfully proceed through the tournament they will be playing mid-week games on Tuesday/Wednesday of 3/4, 10/11, 24/25 of April, and 1/2 of May.

We, should we be successful in our FA Cup run, we will not be able to play Spurs on Fri. 20th April as the cup semi finals are played on 21st/22nd. Spurs, as with Man City, could also proceed in the Champions League.

On that basis I'm trying to figure out when we would be able to play them. The only dates available would be between the 5th and 13th May, after we play Man Utd and before the Liverpool fixture.

Right, my brain is well and truly addled. Anyone care to take this further? :mad:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I looked at this the other day and there is a 2nd mid week slot available but can't remember the dates off the top of my head, i think it was around mid April

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
City will be 17/18 April. Tottenham will be moved if the City game is on the Weds.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Looked at this again and the dates for the FA Cup and CL games (assuming they both progress in the competition) and it leaves 2 mid weeks where our games against Man City and Spurs (assuming 1 or more team progresses in the FA Cup) can be fitted in, they are:

Tues 16th / Wed 17th April
and Tues 08th / Wed 9th May

Obviously the announcement by the club that they intend to announce the rearranged dates around the 19th of March allows them to see if they both progress in the Champions League and if either team progresses in the FA Cup (other dates would open up if the teams fail to make the Quarters or Semis of the Champions League, but may mean fixtures would need to be put on at short notice which makes those dates less likely to be used)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've just been checking the dates for our remaining fixtures, so far so good, until you factor in our yet to be arranged game with Man City.

Man City are involved in the Champions League, and should they successfully proceed through the tournament they will be playing mid-week games on Tuesday/Wednesday of 3/4, 10/11, 24/25 of April, and 1/2 of May.

We, should we be successful in our FA Cup run, we will not be able to play Spurs on Fri. 20th April as the cup semi finals are played on 21st/22nd. Spurs, as with Man City, could also proceed in the Champions League.

On that basis I'm trying to figure out when we would be able to play them. The only dates available would be between the 5th and 13th May, after we play Man Utd and before the Liverpool fixture.

Right, my brain is well and truly addled. Anyone care to take this further? :mad:

All looked at earlier

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?361664-4-games-in-last-week-of-season

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
If either us or Spurs reach the FA Cup semis, when would our match with them likely to be rescheduled for - presumably 24/25 April?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here