Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Possibly but they are now 7 adrift of us with an inferior goal difference. That’s effectively 3 games minimum they need to pass us and there’s only 9 to play. That’s assuming we don’t take any more points.
If they beat us there will be 4 points between us with 8 games to play. They have 2 games left against the top 6 (3rd & 5th) while we have to play 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Their run in is much easier than ours.

If they catch up those 4 points (win 1, draw 1, while we lose 2), the GD will be similar between us.

If they beat us, there's a fair chance they'll finish above us.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They're not keen on this either

[tweet]970936285006319616[/tweet]

Well this definitively answers the "Is Murray an Albion legend?" question IMHO.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If they beat us there will be 4 points between us with 8 games to play. They have 2 games left against the top 6 (3rd & 5th) while we have to play 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Their run in is much easier than ours.

If they catch up those 4 points (win 1, draw 1, while we lose 2), the GD will be similar between us.

If they beat us, there's a fair chance they'll finish above us.

I believe the young person's expression is "true 'dat".

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
There is an outside chance it really could be the season from hell for Palace...

They go down, we finish top half, we go there already safe and win comfortably, somehow get to the FA Cup final...

Of course, in the very unlikely event that we did get to the Cup Final and went ahead, our manager wouldn't be doing the Dance Of The Complete Tool on the touchline.

Oh I don't know some of them double fist pumps and spins he's been putting in recently suggest he's developing some moves!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If I were a Palace fan right now, my biggest fear would be Zaha breaking down and his return being delayed. They're ****ed if he doesn't come back.

Indeed, it's not that they're a one man team though.....

"Crystal Palace have now lost all nine Premier League games not to feature Wilfried Zaha this season, by an aggregate score of 3-21."

Lovely stat, that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has the season been extended? I missed that. Who are our other four games against?
There are 9 games left. Palace and 8 more. It's not complicated. Obviously once we play Palace there will be less, but for the sake of predicting results from where we are, it's 8 games plus Palace.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Everton 1 (35 pts)
Man City 0 (35 pts)
Leicester 3 (38 pts)
Huddersfield 1 (39 pts)
Palace 1 (40 pts)
Spurs 1 (41 pts)
Burnley 1 (42 pts)
Man Utd 1 (43 pts)
Liverpool 0 (43 pts)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Palaces biggest fears other than a hedgehog famine and a firestorm at the local caravan site would be us safe with them in the bottom 3 with us trouncing them 5-0 with a couple from FFS just after his England call up.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Palace fans I know in Caterham are still of the opinion that they will stay up. From what I can gather the biggest fear is the goal keeper Hennessey who makes a mistake every week.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If we’re safe by the time we play them I would expect nothing less than Dunk or Duffy, preferably both, to clatter Zaha and put him out for the remainder of the season

I think it would have been funnier if he could have returned for the Hudds game next weekend and they done a number on him again.

I hope they have stacks of fears.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here