Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Look out the Nigel’s are threatening to withdraw support

Our top flight support is built on unity - but we're more special than the others.

Someone needs to look up the word 'unity'.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

What a spectacular way to get behind the new manager. More concerned about their own image than the team. Fantastic way to support the club.

Beaky only fuelled this idea they are special and inflated their sense of self importance by pandering to their request for the best seats, both home and away. Pissed off normal fans but didn’t have an impact on income as tickets were stil likely to sell even if some displaced season ticket holders gave theirs up in protest.

Now however they are moaning about the LED advertising boards getting in the way of their arts and crafts display. No way will Beaky jeopardise that income stream, so the fall out from this could be rather amusing as the Always Ultras well and truly throw their toys out of the pram.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find myself agreeing with one point they make.
Light shows and fireworks are crap.

As for the rest ….. 😂
But their light shows and fireworks are fine.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
They'll be withdrawing their flags and tifos?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For the last Palace game I watched on Sky, whenever the camera swung round to reveal those muppets there was 3 small flags being waved. They really do have a warped view of what they are.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have all clubs started using the term 'tifos'? I often avoid the occasionally repeated 'phrases that annoy you' thread because I believe in the evolution of language, and the ever shrinking world thanks to the internet bringing cultural and lingual variations together.

But I might be inclined to suspend that for 'tifos'. It's something I've only really seen from Palace.

It feels less like a 'it's a term that was used by some and has caught on' and more like a childish 'wouldn't it be cool if we were like them, lets call our displays "tifos", yeah, we're just waving a flag and not doing anything near as elaborate or spectacular as the italians, but stil... it sounds cool!'.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What a spectacular way to get behind the new manager. More concerned about their own image than the team. Fantastic way to support the club.

Beaky only fuelled this idea they are special and inflated their sense of self importance by pandering to their request for the best seats, both home and away. Pissed off normal fans but didn’t have an impact on income as tickets were stil likely to sell even if some displaced season ticket holders gave theirs up in protest.

Now however they are moaning about the LED advertising boards getting in the way of their arts and crafts display. No way will Beaky jeopardise that income stream, so the fall out from this could be rather amusing as the Always Ultras well and truly throw their toys out of the pram.
Pram or Prem? 🤣

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have all clubs started using the term 'tifos'? I often avoid the occasionally repeated 'phrases that annoy you' thread because I believe in the evolution of language, and the ever shrinking world thanks to the internet bringing cultural and lingual variations together.

But I might be inclined to suspend that for 'tifos'. It's something I've only really seen from Palace.

It feels less like a 'it's a term that was used by some and has caught on' and more like a childish 'wouldn't it be cool if we were like them, lets call our displays "tifos", yeah, we're just waving a flag and not doing anything near as elaborate or spectacular as the italians, but stil... it sounds cool!'.
To be fair to them, they HAVE done one or two things in the past, that COULD be unironically deemed tifos.

The one they did when Maxi Jazz died was really good:

this is.jpg

The massive drawing of two COCKS, that was supposed to look like a FORTRESS, not so much :lol:

cocks.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I see that their American (part) owner doesn't think much of the UAs.

"I read these banners which are nonsense. I showed up a couple of years ago and I do nothing but support as one of four members of the board and then I see banners which say 'Textor we don't trust you'. I don't care."

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Knew was about time for another self-important open letter to the club from those divs. "Do want we want or we won't wave our flags, boo hoo". I bet the Palace boardroom is quaking with fear at the prospect of that!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

"I read these banners which are nonsense. I showed up a couple of years ago and I do nothing but support as one of four members of the board and then I see banners which say 'Textor we don't trust you'. I don't care."
Thought his comments on state owned clubs was interesting and completely correct although we do have UK companies which are owned by foreign states.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Oh dear. They won’t like this line.

I developed a belief that I work for the anonymous fan that I don't know, and he or she is 10 years old and they love the club because their father loves the club. I don’t work for the ultras.

😂

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Do agree with him though, it must be galling when you pile some cash and effort into a football club only to be slated by a spotty kid in black overalls who is pissed on WKD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here