Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Oh but to dream.
I would die a happy man if the natural order was restored and we could go back to the 70 years of rivalry between Palace and Millwall and our little spat could be consigned to the dustbin of history, where it belongs.

It only belongs there if you were not involved in it, because you don't understand it

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

If we’re safe by the time we play them I would expect nothing less than Dunk or Duffy, preferably both, to clatter Zaha and put him out for the remainder of the season

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They should fear us tempting Zaha to us to extend his premier league status next year.

I doubt very very much that Zaha would ever consider moving here. He gets the rivalry and genuinely dislikes the Albion... he's their version of Ian Chapman.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Of course zaha isnt playing. Its pretty clear that he wont play against the big clubs where palace will lose anyway and he wants to be fit to be a flat travk bully against the moderate and struggling teams

Also more likely to be caught diving against the bigger clubs where sky and motd would have more focus

el punal

Would have thought their biggest fear is us relegating them when we play them.

Perhaps the Good Lord, in all of his wisdom, would look upon us favourably and consider us as righteous ones. He would grant us our wishes of, firstly, being safely ensconced in the Premier League for another season. Secondly, for us to smite the Beelzebub of South London to the depths of hell - namely the Championship. And, thirdly, to reward our endeavours with our winning the FA Cup in May.

Amen to all of that. :angel:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
They will be OK. Probably finish above us but as long as we don’t finish in the bottom 3.

Possibly but they are now 7 adrift of us with an inferior goal difference. That’s effectively 3 games minimum they need to pass us and there’s only 9 to play. That’s assuming we don’t take any more points.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is an outside chance it really could be the season from hell for Palace...

They go down, we finish top half, we go there already safe and win comfortably, somehow get to the FA Cup final...

Of course, in the very unlikely event that we did get to the Cup Final and went ahead, our manager wouldn't be doing the Dance Of The Complete Tool on the touchline.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I waited years for the rivalry to start up again and be at levels like it was in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

Trouble is it’s now a totally different sort of rivalry. It’s about the result on the pitch................ ooh what have I said.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If we’re safe by the time we play them I would expect nothing less than Dunk or Duffy, preferably both, to clatter Zaha and put him out for the remainder of the season

No way, we'll need him for pre-season and then as a wonder player for next season, think we may have £30m slopping around?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No way, we'll need him for pre-season and then as a wonder player for next season, think we may have £30m slopping around?

We should buy him.....just to clean Jose's boots. :thumbsup:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'd have said a palace fan's two biggest fears are being employed and the combination of soap and water.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There is an outside chance it really could be the season from hell for Palace...

They go down, we finish top half, we go there already safe and win comfortably, somehow get to the FA Cup final...

Of course, in the very unlikely event that we did get to the Cup Final and went ahead, our manager wouldn't be doing the Dance Of The Complete Tool on the touchline.

More chance of us losing the next 8 games lol

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here