Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dulwich Hamlet

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds like some direct action against those involved is needed

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"Meadow's issue is with the club's owner and board attacking Meadow in public, not with the fans or the wider community," a Meadow spokesman said."

Meadow's issue seems to be more to do with the fact they can't build on the ground.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Again, Football grounds in built-up areas are valuable real estate, and eventually these people will want to cash in on their "Investment".
Mmmm, where does that sound familiar from? :cool:

Luckily for us, with major determination and direct action, we have had the ultimate happy ending :albion2:
But if Paul Samarah hadn't read that little clause, and queried it, who the fudge knows where we may have been??

Good luck to Dulwich Hamlet, and any other clubs going through similar struggles currently :thumbsup:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
DHFC are about five mins from my house so go and watch occasionally. They have phenomenal support in the local community and the council are coming out firmly behind them. Even talk that they may impose a compulsory purchase order on the ground from the owners who clearly have now run out of patience and want to kill the club in a hope it will green light their dev plans. It does look like they may need to groundshare somewhere until that happens though.

One of the most surprising things is the club get around 2k supporters per game in the seventh tier yet somehow lose money. Very dodgy.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
They are wankers - I play in a seven a side league on Green Dale, which is ground owned by them, and adjacent to the actual ground. Since late last year, they've kept a line that the 'floodlights dont work' and stopped a league that has been running for 20 years - All as part of the 'redevelopment' grand plan. Mind, even Rio Ferdinand's/Zamora's buy out will kick us out..

On the money side, i think Dulwich has had a huge players wages bill for years- Apparently it was £8k a week at end of 2017.. more than any other team in the league (except Billericay this year)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the greed emanating from property developers in southern England is quite disgusting......non payment of subcontractors is rife with representatives using the old two weeks in advance and a week in hand , basically getting three weeks work out of usually foreign tradesmen before " knocking " them for "sub standard" work and using back charges to negate the money owed......really quite sickening to see it happening in this day and age.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
the greed emanating from property developers in southern England is quite disgusting......non payment of subcontractors is rife with representatives using the old two weeks in advance and a week in hand , basically getting three weeks work out of usually foreign tradesmen before " knocking " them for "sub standard" work and using back charges to negate the money owed......really quite sickening to see it happening in this day and age.

A well known house builder is like that, they send out what they call defect notices which claim shoddy or faulty work therefore contra charge you. I inspect our work when we get one 90% of the time it’s due to other trades or movement in a timber frame construction and therefore chargeable to the house builder. I got so good at knocking them all back that my boss got a call from someone high up saying if I didn’t stop charging for them all we possibly could loose our contract.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A well known house builder is like that, they send out what they call defect notices which claim shoddy or faulty work therefore contra charge you. I inspect our work when we get one 90% of the time it’s due to other trades or movement in a timber frame construction and therefore chargeable to the house builder. I got so good at knocking them all back that my boss got a call from someone high up saying if I didn’t stop charging for them all we possibly could loose our contract.

I'm talking commercial work in south and central London but i doesn't surprise me at all to hear it goes on is residential as well.......gone are the days of having tradesmen running jobs , it's all project management tossers with their i pads and pointy shoes, all important deadlines and quotas and not a fercking clue between them ........kaaants , one serial offender i know of is about to get spanked 10k a week penalty rates from the 18th March because basically blokes will not work for them and the ones that are working for them refuse to work more than 2 weeks in hand.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I am right? The club sold the ground to an American Property company for under 6 million. I wonder what was going on there?

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

It wasn't my development was it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It wasn't my development was it?

They do it on all the sites they have James, It is their way of getting out of incompetence and rushing jobs. We are not supposed to lay flooring unless the heating and water is on etc etc, we have fitted flooring and when we have finished and hoovering up they have come in with scaffolds and painted the ceilings !! There is movement in timber framed houses and they have issues with subfloor movement alot. Anyway I am on a rant now.... Yours is ok as it is concrete subfloor no issues there.

Hope your all settled in now young man.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here