Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Naylor reporting in Argus:

“Albion have imposed a temporary ban on Amex season ticket holders who touted their seats for the showpiece win against Arsenal.

Their season tickets have been revoked by the club for the rest of the season.

A spokesman said: "In addition to blocking a number of tickets touted, we have also taken strong action against a number of club members for touting our match tickets.

"Fans whose tickets were sold on have had their season tickets revoked until the end of the season. Touts were reported to police and tickets blocked." “

The club seem to really mean it. Obviously, it depends on how they define touting. I still think that these folk will have done a lot more than slip their ST card to a mate...

Edit: I wonder if the club will now sell the vacant seats :whistle:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I was outside the ticket area and saw a few touts offering tickets for the Arsenal game.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if the 2 people I saw being removed by stewards in the Lower West has purchased touted tickets?

Either way - I support the club's stance on this.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I don't understand how these things work. I'm not a STH (but am a Bronze Member). If a mate with a ST tells me he can't make it to a home game and would I like to borrow his ST has he (have I) committed an offence in the eyes of the Club? If no money changes hands it can't be wrong - or can it?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Naylor reporting in Argus:

“Albion have imposed a temporary ban on Amex season ticket holders who touted their seats for the showpiece win against Arsenal.

Their season tickets have been revoked by the club for the rest of the season.

A spokesman said: "In addition to blocking a number of tickets touted, we have also taken strong action against a number of club members for touting our match tickets.

"Fans whose tickets were sold on have had their season tickets revoked until the end of the season. Touts were reported to police and tickets blocked." “

The club seem to really mean it. Obviously, it depends on how they define touting. I still think that these folk will have done a lot more than slip their ST card to a mate...

If you are advertising a ticket for sale, you are touting. If you have a season ticket at the Amex and don't have a friend that might take your ticket off you v Arsenal, you need more friends, you shouldn't need to advertise it.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I dont understand why if you have a season ticket you would want to sell it on for a game like Arsenal. If you have a season ticket, you must have a fair bit of interest in the club and want to see us give a game to these top sides.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
3 Arsenal fans in front of us. Whilst annoying, I wouldn't dob the regulars in.

Instead, there will be some finger wagging going on next home game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am a critic of club for there attitude towards ST holders passing tickets on to friends or family but they are right to take action against anyone touting there ticket for profit.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I dont understand why if you have a season ticket you would want to sell it on for a game like Arsenal. If you have a season ticket, you must have a fair bit of interest in the club and want to see us give a game to these top sides.

People have complex lives, and there are a myriad of reasons why they can't go to every game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't understand how these things work. I'm not a STH (but am a Bronze Member). If a mate with a ST tells me he can't make it to a home game and would I like to borrow his ST has he (have I) committed an offence in the eyes of the Club? If no money changes hands it can't be wrong - or can it?

It is illegal (by law, not just "in the eyes of the club"), even to pass on a ticket to a friend and for free. So you need to use commonsense.,,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

He has commited an offence. If he is subtle no one will know.

- If he passes it on to a trouble maker that draws attention to themselves then it'll be a problem.

- If he advertises the ticket on the internet and uses a phone number or email address that the club knows, it'll be a problem.

- If he touts it outside the ground, it'll be a problem.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
People have complex lives, and there are a myriad of reasons why they can't go to every game.

Understandable. However after the multiple warnings that they must have seen from Barber they still went and openly touted them, which seems very bizzare.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Technically, every transfer needs the club’s permission. However, the club are on record as saying they turn a blind eye to the type of transfer you describe. However, ever since we got a waiting list for ST, they have have been consistent in saying they’ll take a very dim view of what most fans would accept as touting - ie the sale of your ticket to a total stranger, usually for a big profit.

Transfer your ticket to a mate in the pub? You’ll be fine.
Sell it on social media or via a tout at the game? Not so much.

Imo, of course.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
He has commited an offence. If he is subtle no one will know.

- If he passes it on to a trouble maker that draws attention to themselves then it'll be a problem.

- If he advertises the ticket on the internet and uses a phone number or email address that the club knows, it'll be a problem.

- If he touts it outside the ground, it'll be a problem.

Thanks for the explanation.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Felt like I was in the Arsenal home end on Sunday, fella to the right of me and two old geezers behind openly celebrating the Arsenal goals. Shocking. Anyone who gives their ticket to an opposition team fan rather than one of the thousands of Brighton fans on the waiting list need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here