Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo - World Cup chances?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd love to see Jose Izquierdo at the World Cup for Colombia, and even though he's only got a couple caps in friendlies last summer he must have a decent chance on current form.

They have got a big warm-up match against France this month, you'd have to think if he gets in that squad announced soon at least someone has been paying attention and he is looking good for a spot.

Colombia have got a very winnable group as well, they could have a good run.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
But if he underperforms then there's a chance he could be shot. I kinda like him being alive.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'd love to see Jose Izquierdo at the World Cup for Colombia, and even though he's only got a couple caps in friendlies last summer he must have a decent chance on current form.

They have got a big warm-up match against France this month, you'd have to think if he gets in that squad announced soon at least someone has been paying attention and he is looking good for a spot.

Colombia have got a very winnable group as well, they could have a good run.

Playing Mat Ryan's Australia this month too - at Craven Cottage.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Playing Mat Ryan's Australia this month too - at Craven Cottage.

Good-looking fixture that one too on a blank weekend...sure the lads would love to see a Brighton flag or two!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He'll surely get called up for the upcoming friendlies and hopefully nail down a place in their WC squad.

It'll be nice to have a team to support when England get knocked out. (I'll be cheering on Mat Ryan too but I won't be supporting Australia).

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
"Izquierdo down the left, in space, Izquierdo, still Izquierdo, to James, up to Falcao, lays it into the box, here's Izquierdo...GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL, GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL,GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL, IZQUIERRRRRRRRRRDDDOOOOOOOO!!!!"

If he keeps up this form and doesn't get in then they have a bloody strong team! He'd walk into the England team ATM.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He'll surely get called up for the upcoming friendlies and hopefully nail down a place in their WC squad.

It'll be nice to have a team to support when England get knocked out. (I'll be cheering on Mat Ryan too but I won't be supporting Australia).

Would you support Germany if Gross managed to get himself into the squad?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Columbia were a joy to watch in the last world cup.

Jose has started to stand out in the 'supposed' best league in the world.

He has a very good chance of being on the plane

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here