Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joe Hart

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes, I know we are not interested in England and all that but is there a case to allow Joe Hart to play in the Championship for the rest of the season to give him match fitness?
He is, after all, our number 1 (or at least in the squad).

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Not unless his contract is cancelled. He really isn't good enough anymore anyway, Butland should be number 1.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
No way the rules should be bent, to accommodate such a thing. If Joe can't outperform the bang average Adrian, to win starts for West Ham, then he really shouldn't be going to Russia anyway.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely there is no chance whatsoever that Southgate will pick him as the number one this summer? He'll have just spent six months sitting on the bench.

The GK situation is pretty grim reading.

Pickford has never been to a tournament, and personally not good enough yet.
Butland maybe but again has errors in him and a lot of injury problems in the past.
Foster? Most experienced out of them but in a relegated side.
Carson?

Then a bunch of keepers with not a lot of appearances

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hart is a massively overated keeper and should be no where near Englands number 1 spot currently.

Southgate needs to come out and name his Number 1 for Russia in the upcoming games and get them in the team on a regular basis until the tournement begings.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Butland maybe but again has errors in him and a lot of injury problems in the past.
Carson?

Pickford has been to the U21s tournement.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Carson?

What about Pope? He's had a pretty good season

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Before the Ashes Nathan Lyon boasted that Australia were out to end a few English International careers.

Brighton are doing well in ending a few premiership goalkeeping careers let alone internationals. Joe Hart and now Peter Cech.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
No matter what I declare publicly, inside I am always really excited about Is playing in the WC and Euros. I don't know why I do it to myself, but in a way it's not that unlike being a Brighton fan, excepting the last few seasons. But this time we really are screwed aren't we. In previous years I've always had a bit of misplaced hope, but looking at it now I give us less than zero chance.

I can pretty much guarantee Southgate will be picking players based on their name and then using the time-honoured tradition of 'hope' to get them to suddenly find their form and play as a unit.

Thoughts and prayers please chaps, thoughts and prayers.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
there were people calling for Stockdale to be called up last year...anyone know how's he's doing right now?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's actually shorter than Maty Ryan. The internet says he's 6ft 5, and that might be the case, but he has an 18 inch neck, and quite a long head on top of it. If he had a regular human head and neck, he'd be 5ft 6, and keep his arms, which are that of a 5ft6ian.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here