Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia at it again ? Litvenenko #2 ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think I read they had only just moved in to their house/flat, guessing the previous occupiers are safely back in Russia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes a lot of sense. Could the house have been rented by the original assassin ?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Does it hang around for that long ? I would imagine it would have simply degraded by now.

If it's anything like some radioactive material then it will degrade over a huge amount of years.... or if it's like any typical poison it will never degrade!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does it hang around for that long ? I would imagine it would have simply degraded by now.
I'm no expert in nerve agents but...

indoors, no extremes of temperature, no rain to wash it away.... could be !

They never did trace the actual assassin. Maybe this is part of the trail ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If it's anything like some radioactive material then it will degrade over a huge amount of years.... or if it's like any typical poison it will never degrade!

Well I'm not a chemist, but I read that this particular nerve agent degrades with contact with moisture - which is why they were hosing the area down.

So this poor couple have either got been in contact with the sealed source or another attack has taken place.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Well I'm not a chemist, but I read that this particular nerve agent degrades with contact with moisture - which is why they were hosing the area down.

So this poor couple have either got been in contact with the sealed source or another attack has taken place.

"There is no evidence to suggest either visited the sites that were decontaminated following the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal."

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"There is no evidence to suggest either visited the sites that were decontaminated following the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal."

And even if they had we'd have known about it before.

Blimey.

Firstly (and hopefully) they pull though.

Very much secondary - lets hope the team aren't pulled home, the press are going to be all over this now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lets hope they pull through, incredibly worrying that this has happened again, it's not like a dodgy prawn curry ffs, this is seriously bad stuff and we need to figure out whats going on.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lets hope they pull through, incredibly worrying that this has happened again, it's not like a dodgy prawn curry ffs, this is seriously bad stuff and we need to figure out whats going on.

Well it's out there now but the couple have had addiction issues which led to reports just this afternoon that it was possibly a dodgy batch of something.That'a been plastered all over the press too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But it’s the best ever World Cup, can’t we just forgive them, Russia are our friends, they’re just so lovely and want selfies with us, our (free) media and (democratic) government are the real villains for being nasty to dear Mr Putin, we’ve got it all wrong, as a tourist visiting St Petersburg I know all there is to know about the geopolitics...

Wake up Britain. This is another reminder of a deeply disturbing attack on our sovereignty by the Russian state. Whether intended this time or not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was it ever proved that the last attack was carried out by Russians? Or was it just media and propaganda hype that they didn't know therefore it must have been Russians?

Maybe it was someone who had a grudge against a spy who would have passed information that would have led to the deaths of British agents, and this was a good way of bumping him off and blaming Russia

I am not one for conspiracy theories, but it seemed at the time a great way to kick Putin when he seemed to be far more popular than POTUS.

Maybe this is another one of those situations that the findings will never be released due to " national security"

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was it ever proved that the last attack was carried out by Russians? Or was it just media and propaganda hype that they didn't know therefore it must have been Russians?

Maybe it was someone who had a grudge against a spy who would have passed information that would have led to the deaths of British agents, and this was a good way of bumping him off and blaming Russia

I am not one for conspiracy theories, but it seemed at the time a great way to kick Putin when he seemed to be far more popular than POTUS.

Maybe this is another one of those situations that the findings will never be released due to " national security"

This statement seems to be in conflict with the rest of your post!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But it’s the best ever World Cup, can’t we just forgive them, Russia are our friends, they’re just so lovely and want selfies with us, our (free) media and (democratic) government are the real villains for being nasty to dear Mr Putin, we’ve got it all wrong, as a tourist visiting St Petersburg I know all there is to know about the geopolitics...

Wake up Britain. This is another reminder of a deeply disturbing attack on our sovereignty by the Russian state. Whether intended this time or not.

No-one has said that. Stop exaggerating and repeating the same thing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thought the same b4 I even knew they had just moved in! The feds will be all over the Lettings Agents for leads!

Certainly looks like there must be a link between that house and the poisoning, close enough to Salisbury to be ready to do the poisoning when required and far enough out not to warrant too much suspicion. Looks like our Assasins left something behind when they left.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Just suppose that this is a deliberate attack rather than a some kind of accident, an attack on the UK at this stage of the World Cup will cause the UK and Russian governments to renew their slanging match while boosting Russian nationalist fervour, just as England fans are arriving for the Sweden game and a possible game with Russia. Could the warnings of big trouble at the World Cup be about to come true? I find the timing of this too incredible to be accidental.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010

Don't believe everything you hear in UK media, you sound like a daily mail reader whose gunning for a war with Russia, UK is not as clean and pure as you think it is when it comes to Russia.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Bound to be an England Russia semi-final now isn't it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here