Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Arsenal joke de jour

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Jurgen Klinsmann goes back to Tottenham to see everyone before they pull the old ground down. Spurs are playing Arsenal. As he’s in the dressing room he says to the team ‘Look guys, I fancy a run out so you go off to the pub and I’ll take care of the game’. After a discussion, they agree. After ten minutes or so, they check their ‘phones - Tottenham 1 (Klinsmann, 10 mins) Arsenal 0. ‘Oh, he’s OK they say’, so have a few more beers and wander back to the ground. When they get there, they find Klinsmann sitting in the dressing room, head in hands. ‘I’ve let you down boys' he says so they check their phones again - Tottenham 1 (Klinsmann, 10 mins) Arsenal 1 (Ozil, 89 mins). ‘But Jurgen, you got a draw’. ‘Yes’, he says,’ but I got sent off in the twelfth minute….

Please feel free to dissect in true glorious NSC style! :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think the old ground has already been torn down so this can't be completely accurate.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't think this is a true story at all. Wouldn't the game have been awarded to Arsenal as a 3-0 win as Spurs failed to field a team.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Wouldn't the game have been abandoned?
It shouldn't even have started!

Law 3 states:
1. Number of players
A match is played by two teams, each with a maximum of eleven players; one must be the goalkeeper. A match may not start or continue if either team has fewer than seven players.

So clearly either this story is nonsense or the officials were unusually incompetent.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It shouldn't even have started!

Law 3 states:
1. Number of players
A match is played by two teams, each with a maximum of eleven players; one must be the goalkeeper. A match may not start or continue if either team has fewer than seven players.

So clearly either this story is nonsense or the officials were unusually incompetent.

Perhaps **** **** was the ref?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
That joke is so old it started off as Pele

I don't know about Pele but it was part of Max Boyce's routine about 40 years ago.
" Small boy listening to the crowd outside Cardiff Arms Park, as Wales took on England, turns to a steward and asks what happening. The steward says...oh, its a disaster, fourteen Welsh players have gone off injured and only Gareth Edwards is left on against fifteen Englishmen. Just then there is a roar from the crowd. The little boy says to the steward...." Whats happened, has Gareth scored? "

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I tell you what is a JOKE and that are the TORIES housing proposals announced by Maggie May today

Didn't you used to make funny posts? What happened to you?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
How did they field a player who was almost certainly not named in the 25?
Ridiculous situation that never happened.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Perhaps **** **** was the ref?

I don't think Klinsmann would have lasted as long as 12 minutes before being sent off in that case as **** **** would have decided that the game was in danger of not being about him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here