Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] British Pie Week March 5-11 2018

British Pie Week

Twatter has informed me that this week is British Pie week.

I shall be going to the shops later to buy a Pie, probably a Pukka Steak and Ale one, in honour of this.

What will you be buying?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We were aware of this in the over whelmed household and have agreed that we're all making our own on Wednesday, I'm thinking veggie based around sweet potato? Youngest is thinking of a pie filled with sausages, onion and gravy!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Flaming Ron

Capture.JPG

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heads-up for the glorious Hunters Chicken Pie, this month's special from Bangers pie shop in Baker Street, Brighton. Chicken, bacon, cheese, tomato, it's absolutely gorgeous and sells out as quick as they can bake 'em. :drool:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Twatter has informed me that this week is British Pie week.

I shall be going to the shops later to buy a Pie, probably a Pukka Steak and Ale one, in honour of this.

What will you be buying?

May have a Minced Beef and Onion too this week.

Love a pie me, not Piglets though, they're overpriced rubbish.

I agree about Ptglets and may go to Bangers in Baker St Brighton to get a couple for wife and I but am going to Worthing later in the week and have been threatening to go to Turmers in Angmering/Rustington to try theirs. Incidentally Iceland had Pukka pies on offer last week not sure if they still are.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Turners in Rustington are the BEST and I might even go and treat myself this week

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
don't usually eat pies, but I have an INSANE craving for one now, possibly due to the amount of beer I drank yesterday .... flakey pastry

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Probably make my own pastry and fill it with chilli con carne as that's the only filling to hand. Or possibly cheese and onion as a last resort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here