Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

• Yes he is

Votes: 341 88.3%
  • He's not yet, but he could become one

Votes: 36 9.3%
  • He could never be an Albion legend

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The only thing missing from me is to jump in the crowd when he scores, and maybe try the KLL somersaults as well.

Incidentally, his form doesn't seem to have affected him even after HMRC are trying to take him to the cleaners.

I have no support for HMRC by the way, who seem to target the lower paid if anything.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes, yes he is.

The thing I love most about Murray is he just doesn’t give a f***. He didn’t care about joining Palace or then coming back to us, he doesn’t care who the opposition is, he doesn’t wave and fawn over the fans or care if they adore him, he just does his thing which is brilliant. He’s a cold blooded assasin.

Love the man.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes, yes he is.

The thing I love most about Murray is he just doesn’t give a f***. He didn’t care about joining Palace or then coming back to us, he doesn’t care who the opposition is, he doesn’t wave and fawn over the fans or care if they adore him, he just does his thing which is brilliant. He’s a cold blooded assasin.

Love the man.

Nail on the head, absolutely a legend, the big question is will he get another season?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Goals to promote us to Championship.

Goals to promote to the Premier League

Goals in Premier League giving us more than a fighting chance to stay up.

Couldn't give 2 hoots who he has played for before/after, 100% legend.
This.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can you imagine if Poyet kept him and it DIDN'T turn out? Not saying it was the right decision to let him go, just interesting to contemplate where his career path could've taken him...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone know how to update his wikipedia page? Give it a bit of an Albion update...add pictures etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, yes he is.

Love the man.

This. When playing for Palace, still lived here and seen frequently out and about. Because it was Poyet who decided we wouldn’t give him a contract, I assume he knew he could hold his head up high.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No question that he is an Albion legend for me. So many reasons have already been mentioned such as his goals contributing massively to two promotions and hopefully us staying in the Premier League this season.

Sunday's performance was one of his best for me. I wasn't surprised that he made the most sprints in the game as he was chasing back across the halfway line to track Arsenal players all game. He must have been knackered by the end. And this from a player who many described as lazy when he joined the first time. You definitely can't accuse him of that now.

Bobby Zamora was the first real legend in my time of watching. The first player to give hope after I started watching in the early 90s. However, Murray has scored more overall and at a higher level (on average) for us. I cannot understand how anyone can not call him a legend now, even though he spent a few seasons at Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here