Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

• Yes he is

Votes: 341 88.3%
  • He's not yet, but he could become one

Votes: 36 9.3%
  • He could never be an Albion legend

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Much debate on this point in the pub yesterday.

Is Muzza an Albion legend already, or could he still become one?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He is in the legend category now. He was borderline at best before, but surely his admittance to the Albion Hall of Fame should no longer be in doubt.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Fired us to two promotions from two different divisions and now likely Premier League survival. Undoubtedly yes. Just a shame he's a Palace legend too, but at least we should definitely have the last laugh.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Goals to promote us to Championship.

Goals to promote to the Premier League

Goals in Premier League giving us more than a fighting chance to stay up.

Couldn't give 2 hoots who he has played for before/after, 100% legend.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Of course he is

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Of course he is. His goals took us to the Championship and later in the PL. His rich vein of form looks to have kept us there by early March when so many were saying we'd go down.

Forget Palace, that wasn't his fault. On that note, whist they aren't mutually exclusive, as Murray's stock continues to rise, Poyet's falls, IMHO. Biggest transfer balls up in recent memory, and yes, that includes Kemy...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Me and mates have been discussing this for a few weeks, is he the level of Bobby I think after yesterday everybody has agreed Muzza is up there for sure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes of course he is, he was before he went to Palace too as far as I’m concerned

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm going to get flamed for this but here goes ....

.... playing wise, particularly for his goals, he probably is a legend. The problem being that all our other legends there's been some sort of enthusiasm from then - a warm personality, a gratefulness of the fans and of being here. We don't seem to get that from Murray - just not someone I've warmed to. He never looks really happy.

I know, pathetic reason to say he's not a legend but there you go ....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He is a legend for the Muzza stare down alone! Love how when he tucks one away he eyeballs the oppostion fans, Yesterday was a great example but Swansea away was his finest effort this season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Of course he is.

He never wanted to leave - huge mistake by Poyet. (Nearly as big a mistake as Palace letting him go to Bournemouth - it must be so galling for them up the road to watch him score the goals that will keep us up whilst their £30 million striker scores a goal every six months.)

Even when Glenn went 'there' he still ran around Preston Park in his Albion training top.

Yep, he's a legend.

How many more goals does he need to overtake Peter Ward?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

.... playing wise, particularly for his goals, he probably is a legend. The problem being that all our other legends there's been some sort of enthusiasm from then - a warm personality, a gratefulness of the fans and of being here. We don't seem to get that from Murray - just not someone I've warmed to. He never looks really happy.

He looked rather happy yesterday

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Goals to promote us to Championship.

Goals to promote to the Premier League

Goals in Premier League giving us more than a fighting chance to stay up.

Couldn't give 2 hoots who he has played for before/after, 100% legend.

Agree with this. Says it all

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I guess he's a bit like his namesake Andy in that respect. Probably just not particularly keen on being in the spotlight?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here