Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks - Another selection for Dunky

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
So, Garth has picked Dunk in his TOTW again (What's that now, like the 5th time this season?)

However, once again he has moaned about how we don't chant for Chris Hughton... evem suggesting a song we could sing for him...

Funnily enough, it sounds and reads just like the bloody song WE ALREADY SING!

Have a read for yourself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43278167

"Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy played like two bouncers with strict instructions not to let anyone into the nightclub. Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang crept past these two bruisers briefly - only to be discovered and promptly thrown out. What exactly is going on at Arsenal is difficult to fathom. I said at the end of last season that boss Arsene Wenger should have walked then; now I fear he may be forced to leave. This should not be happening to a man of this stature. And why don’t Brighton fans chant manager Chris Hughton's name? "Chrissy Hughton's blue-and-white army" will do."

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
And why don’t Brighton fans chant manager Chris Hughton's name? "Chrissy Hughton's blue-and-white army" will do." I

WE DO!!! EVERY FRICKING GAME!!!!!

It's like that Simpsons episode where Mr Burns keeps telling the baseball player to get rid of his sideburns....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not to mention a decent rendition of There's only one Chrissy Hughton, which was acknowledged by the man himself

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Garth Crooks is obssesed. It feels like he is trying to hammer it home so when it is heard by him he will take full credit for it. The bloke is a complete Nosher I can't stand him.

Dec 29, 2011
Garth Crooks is obssesed. It feels like he is trying to hammer it home so when it is heard by him he will take full credit for it. The bloke is a complete Nosher I can't stand him.

Good friends with hughton I believe, having spent five years together at Spurs. Apparently the 'brighton are going down' comments at the start of the season were a way to help us stay up

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good friends with hughton I believe, having spent five years together at Spurs. Apparently the 'brighton are going down' comments at the start of the season were a way to help us stay up

Of course it was - It took pressure off and was probably used to motivate the players. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't but with safety within our grasp, it seems it didn't do us any harm. Garth is fan of Brighton, I hate to see him slagged off on here. He is also a really nice guy.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Of course it was - It took pressure off and was probably used to motivate the players. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't but with safety within our grasp, it seems it didn't do us any harm. Garth is fan of Brighton, I hate to see him slagged off on here. He is also a really nice guy.

Ok Garth.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

Perhaps he should stop slagging us off as fans - telling us what to sing etc (especially when we already do!)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not to mention a decent rendition of There's only one Chrissy Hughton, which was acknowledged by the man himself

Which means the north stand chant was heard over by the dugouts, so Garth Crooks can't say he didn't hear it in the press box or commentary position (wherever he was).
Two different chants yesterday in honour of the great man.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I don't see it as slagging off, but he is criticising us for not doing something that we already do. It's nor surprising we want to put him straight.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
There is a total difference between being at the game and watching on TV. I watched it yesterday and the sound of the the crowd was very low. Does he see the matches on TV ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

All very true. Met him in the WSL last season - decent guy harshly treated on here. Some of his punditry is er, odd, however. :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thats exactly what Garth would say!
No - not nearly long-winded enough! Not since Charles Dickens has anyone else constructed sentences long enough to enable you to pop out, put the kettle on and make a cup of tea - and still get back before it's finished............

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Anyone else I'd say it's NAILED ON trolling from Garth about the Chris Hughton song. With him though, I'm not so sure.... :ffsparr:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So, Garth has picked Dunk in his TOTW again (What's that now, like the 5th time this season?)

However, once again he has moaned about how we don't chant for Chris Hughton... evem suggesting a song we could sing for him...

Funnily enough, it sounds and reads just like the bloody song WE ALREADY SING!

Have a read for yourself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43278167

"Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy played like two bouncers with strict instructions not to let anyone into the nightclub. Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang crept past these two bruisers briefly - only to be discovered and promptly thrown out. What exactly is going on at Arsenal is difficult to fathom. I said at the end of last season that boss Arsene Wenger should have walked then; now I fear he may be forced to leave. This should not be happening to a man of this stature. And why don’t Brighton fans chant manager Chris Hughton's name? "Chrissy Hughton's blue-and-white army" will do."

And why don't you fook off you complete Pleb!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here