Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anybody watch a Chris Hughton interview without falling asleep ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Could it be that the 'same boring answers' are in response to the same boring questions asked? Can't blame him for that.

Anyway, most of us couldn't care less what he sounds like during interviews.

His players are doing all his talking on the pitch where it matters.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We used to have a manager who would keep me awake, trouble is he used to keep me awake all bloody night, worrying about what he was going to say next!

I'll take Chris and his sweet calm lullabies sending me off with dreams of success woven with immense pride and satisfaction, thanks very much.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
What would you prefer?
Arsene Wenger saying he is not going to make excuses and then spend the rest of the interview making excuses?
Conte and Mourhino continuing some long feud, the reason for which is forgotten?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
His interviews are ''Clear, Concise and Correct.

They may not be interesting but they are an absolute Masterclass on how to ensure that the Media have no negative ammunition to fire at him, the club or any of his players, no matter what has happened, either on field of play, or in training or in the personal lives of any of the players. - He gives journalists absolutely nothing even when they press him with questions phrased 10 different way on the same subject.

You can sometimes read his body language if he is angry about something but even I can't always spot it. I think I have only picked up on it 3 or 4 times. One was after a match against Rotherham when Brighton lost 2-0 and another after the Gaetan Bong incident. Those two instances you could see he was really angered by Events but for the most part he is measured and controlled but most certainly not boring

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
They are a little dull only because everything he says is so agreeable. I just find myself nodding along to it all, don't think I can think of any occasions really when I've disagreed with his post-match analysis. Whilst it would probably be far more entertaining for us if like a few others he chose to squeeze in as many absurd metaphors as he could, or act really cold with the interviewer, or throw some histrionics from time to time... I generally find that that kind of narcissism is only palatable so long as you're winning and quickly becomes tiresome if you're not. Hughton's interviews while not colourful do instil complete confidence that he knows what he's doing and ultimately integrity is a far better skill to posses than showmanship.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I would say his interviews are perfection. Very little risk of causing unnecessary distractions for media to pounce on. Does all his talking with the team.
Having said that we have been under the radar. That is changing and it will be interesting to see how both Hughton and players cope with this subtle change of external pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Because this is what is important in a football manager how entertaining he is after the game in the post match press conference.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Even for NSC, this is poor. The man is doing an unbelievable job, just because he conducts his press conferences etc with the same balanced professionalism it doesn’t make him boring.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Hughton is a polite, patient and honest man. It's the same repetitive questions, what do you expect.

If you want comedy answers, I suggest you follow a club that Wee Gordon is managing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here