Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water - it would be nice to have some

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Water has been off here in RH17 since Saturday evening and no indication as to when it will be back on. We have a few days of quite cold weather and the water supply network across large parts of the country packs up. Incredible. It's like a third world country. Lots of apologies and excuses from South East Water, but so far no one has addressed the major question. Why is it that our water supply infrastructure cannot handle a few days of cold weather? And not even that cold. Maybe -6 degrees. How do countries manage where winter temperatures are always as cold as we've just had, or colder? What about Scotland where it always gets that cold in the winter? Shocking situation to experience in 2018. If it was 1918 maybe we would have expected it. We need some answers. This is completely unacceptable. Monday morning rant.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I have water but it comes out the tap very cloudy, almost like there is white chalk dust floating around in it

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
I'm RH15 and we've had no issues all weekend although i've just checked South East Water website and it shows our postcode as having an interrupted supply....

Agree though, same old profiteering by businesses, no investment when there should have been, just rinse the profits and mop up (literally) when there's a problem.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...Why is it that our water supply infrastructure cannot handle a few days of cold weather? And not even that cold. Maybe -6 degrees. How do countries manage where winter temperatures are always as cold as we've just had, or colder? What about Scotland where it always gets that cold in the winter?

its not the cold so much as the change in temperature, droping from 5-8 deg to 0 or less, then back in a couple of days. if it just gets cold and stays there, then slowly rises the ground and pipes adjust without cracking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here