Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I am soooooo over it at last !

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It has taken a while....and it hurt like hell at the time, but that play-off defeat is in the distant past now.

More importantly, I honestly believe it did us a favour.

Apart from one season ( Hyppia) we have had a fantastic few years in the Championship. Wins galore, excitement, goals, great new players, an expanding Stadium, State of the Art training ground and facilities, full -houses, and STH numbers never before known. It has been an unbelievable journey.

I worried about the Premier League....were we just going to make up the numbers ? Was it going to be dull and evermore continual defeats....? Signing expensive and unaffordable flops.....? Maybe the laughing stock of the whole Premier League with successive defeats...? Continual merry go round of 'has been' Managers....? Who has done all these things ?

No. It hasn't been like that all for us.

Why ?

Because we have a Chairman who builds steadily. A Chairman who spends wisely. A Chairman who puts a proper structure in place. A Chairman who doesn't court the limelight with floppy hair. A Chairman who employs a diligent, hard-working and successful right-hand man. Not a sidekick who used to play for the team who embarrasses himself with his vitriol for a rival.

We have been lucky. Our Chairman did things the right way. We always knew it would tell on our neighbours up the road eventually . Keep doing things the right way and it will turn out right in the end. Keep acting like the prima donna up the road.....and the inevitable will happen.

Today is a wonderful day.

"They won the play-off....and they f***d it up"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I bet, like me, that ( maybe not on the day ) that the 3 points we STEAL off them at Selhurst will send them down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here