Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Wilshere

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
I know we're in a state of jubilation and rightly so but did anyone else think Jack Wilshere was class today? The only Arsenal player that left the pitch with any amount of pride.

:albion2:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know we're in a state of jubilation and rightly so but did anyone else think Jack Wilshere was class today? The only Arsenal player that left the pitch with any amount of pride.

He was the only player in their team, that would have improved our team today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pride, yes. Class, not so much...did quite a bit of running from deep, but not much in any danger area for me. Maybe due to the shite in front of him today, or the excellent defensive work that stifled them for most of the game. He did look like one the few Arsenal players that actually gave a shit though.

Last edited:

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne

Yes. He played very well and was a threat whenever he had the ball. Reminded me of Chelsea and Liverpool players - luckily he was the only one! [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought Wilshire, and Ozil (second half), were their only dangers. The rest all failed in their particular roles.

Agreed and hats off to our players for making sure we closed down the gaps and spaces and didn’t give them many options

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Interesting. I thought he was the one Arsenal player that didn't look slow today :laugh:

Have you seen replays of our second goal? Redknapp and souness slated him for not doing more to get on the end of the pass, then he half heartedly jogs across. Didn’t show half the commitment of our boys

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Thought he looked class I think it is generally telling that we seemed so willing to constantly foul him when he got the ball where as none of their other players particularly bothered us. He also had abit if bite about him that no other arsenal player seemed to have, and was running the game from half time untill the Schelotto assault.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, their best player by a mile.

Damning with the faintest of praise.

Can you imagine sitting in the Emirates bored-room and watching millions of pounds in wages draining out of the bank account, after that performance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not seen today’s game but I have always felt he’s a very over-rated player....that’s when he’s not injured of course.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Watched the match live and again at home on Sky just to confirm my view that Wilshere was utterly pointless. Completed almost every pass and rarely lost the ball. Did you see what he did with it? Almost every time, passed the ball 10 yards in any direction around him although usually sideways or backwards. Added no value whatsoever and I think you are deceived by the fact that he couldn't be knocked off the ball and had a low centre of gravity like Hazard. Almost everything went through him, yet he added nothing. For 90 minutes, he added absolutely nothing!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here