Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays ref Stuart Attwell

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A few controversial moments discussed on other threads....how did you feel he did over all

IMG_0514.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Booking Stephens for a perfectly timed tackle where he took the ball and barely touched the player was a complete disgrace of a decision.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Apart from not sending off Kolašinac and booking Stephens for a perfectly good tackle he did okay. He played the advantage where possible, and brought play back if none gained.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The tackle that Stephens go booked for was the one good thing he did all game. Atwell basically lost the plot after the Schelotto incident and gave us nothing from that moment on.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
3 shocking decisions by him and his team.as mentioned elsewhere: -
Stephens booked for having the temerity to win the ball cleanly 3 yards from the Arsenal player who got slightly grazed in the follow-through.
Kalasinac not yellow or red carded for a shoulder charge to the head that knocked Schelotto unconscious. Not even a free kick!!!! Astonishing.
Jose given offside when a yard onside and just about clear on goal. Almost as astonishing as the Kalasinac decision.

I can't really say he did OK apart from 3 incredibly poor decisions. Appeared to be a "Big 6" lover, of which there are several in the refereeing fraternity.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Overall he was okay. I can overlook the controversial bits as we got the right result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
14 v 11 and we still won.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Jose given offside when a yard onside and just about clear on goal. Almost as astonishing as the Kalasinac decision.

My first instinct was he was onside, but have seen it again on TV and sadly he was definitely offside. However I do think Attwell was shocking in the second half and him and his lino made some shocking decisions in Arsenal’s favour.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Thought he was decent enough, although haven't seen any replays or the highlights yet.

I thought at the time the Schelotto challenge was a foul, but nothing else. Looked a coming together but nothing malicious, despite the outcome. Happy to change my mind if replays show otherwise.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Two very bad mistakes (Stephens, and the not sending off) and completely random yellow cards. A poor game for him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO the only major decision that he got wrong was the booking of Stephens the rest he generally got right and used the advantage rule to good effect. I really cannot believe people saying the Schellotto incident was worth a red card

Top 6 decisions imho. He simply couldn't compute that we were winning the ball so easily and kept giving fouls.

I actually found myself willing somebody to go through Wilshire just to see a correct decision

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought 2nd half especially that so many poor decisions went against us that it wasn’t poor referring it was outright bias. Perhaps officials feel the spotlight will be on the top 6 side and so even subconsciously favour the bigger side because of the scrutiny.

Jul 7, 2003
Thought he was decent enough, although haven't seen any replays or the highlights yet.

I thought at the time the Schelotto challenge was a foul, but nothing else. Looked a coming together but nothing malicious, despite the outcome. Happy to change my mind if replays show otherwise.

This was my view at the time and CH also seems to agree going by his post match comments. The Stephens booking was a mistake but he also made some very good decisions around playing advantage and then pulling play back if nothing came from it.

He had his problems in the early days but I think he has matured into one of the better referees on the circuit.

Jose given offside when a yard onside and just about clear on goal.

Can't blame the ref for that one - he can only rely on his assistant for those (and a couple of times I didn't think his assistants helped him with decisions)

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
IMHO the only major decision that he got wrong was the booking of Stephens the rest he generally got right and used the advantage rule to good effect. I really cannot believe people saying the Schellotto incident was worth a red card

it was worth a yellow and he had already been booked. blatant shoulder charge to the head. disgusting challenge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here