Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What age do kids have to pay?

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Since my boy was a nipper, he’s sat on my or my wife’s lap. Enjoys the first minute of the game and then watches a cartoon on my phone. Never been an issue. Stewards store his pushchair for us and all is good.

Today- went through a different entrance as arrived by bus rather than train. Usual cheery hello from most stewards and then got grabbed by one (my son was on my shoulders) who decided he shouldn’t be allowed in. And disputed that he was only 4. (He is 4!). Said steward wouldn’t release my arm in case I ran. Which pissed me off...1) I’ve got a 4 year old on my shoulders and 2 flights of stairs to get to my seat. 2)I’m not a Palace Ultra.

So- what age do you have to start paying for a ticket for your offspring if there still small enough to sit on your lap for 90?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Personally , I think you've been quite lucky so far with stewards letting you both go in. Surely its one seat for one person ?

Also we are going to have to rewrite all the past attendances as there was actually one extra person that no one knew about ?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I've paid for my kids to have a seat every time. They 1st went aged 2 & 3 - & had season tickets at 4. So you should be paying imo

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Don’t get me wrong. If I have to pay then no problem...but a little consistency would be good. Is there anything official on it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don’t get me wrong. If I have to pay then no problem...but a little consistency would be good. Is there anything official on it?

You will have to pay but the problem will be getting a seat as most games are pretty much sold out! As others have said, you've probably been a bit lucky so far. Would have thought the club would allow parents to carry babies but once they can walk!! Also, there will no doubt be issues with regard to numbers in the stadium relating to safety certs etc. The problem you now have is the the club will no doubt see this and will remind all stewards about the rules and if you go back to your usual entrance you might not be so lucky.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Since my boy was a nipper, he’s sat on my or my wife’s lap. Enjoys the first minute of the game and then watches a cartoon on my phone. Never been an issue. Stewards store his pushchair for us and all is good.

Today- went through a different entrance as arrived by bus rather than train. Usual cheery hello from most stewards and then got grabbed by one (my son was on my shoulders) who decided he shouldn’t be allowed in. And disputed that he was only 4. (He is 4!). Said steward wouldn’t release my arm in case I ran. Which pissed me off...1) I’ve got a 4 year old on my shoulders and 2 flights of stairs to get to my seat. 2)I’m not a Palace Ultra.

So- what age do you have to start paying for a ticket for your offspring if there still small enough to sit on your lap for 90?

I think you already knew the answer. What do you do when flying?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm a bit flabbergasted at this to be honest. My son was only just 3 when he first started going, still in nappies. Didn't even cross my mind that he could get in for free. Been costing me a hundred odd quid a season for his ST... If only I had known I could just walk him in on my shoulders - he's 9 now but I could still get him up there.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
My lad doesn’t come every week. Now and then when we don’t have child care. Nor does he have a seat. He’s on our laps.

Problem we have now is getting him one! Having had ST’s since before he was born it’ll now be difficult to go as a family unless we move seats somehow.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I can carry my gf on my shoulders & she can sit on my lap - does she need a ticket? She doesn't go bery often & doesn't watch it anyway - she drinks shit loads too, so its a win win for the club

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here