Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have to now face facts

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are a VERY VERY good side!

This is no fluke being in this position.

In all the years I have been watching brighton, since 1974, that ranks on a par with the result at Livpool in the 1983 cup run. That was probably our best ever league result and certainly the best I have seen.

We have a brilliant goalkeeper
We have a very powerful defence and in Dunk, arguably one of the best defenders in the league.
We have a competent and skilful midfield who can play through and stifle a lot of sides in this division.
We have a fabulous set of attackers and wingers who are capable of scoring at will....Murray is just incredible if you think about it.
We have a set of players sat on the bench who can step straight in to this unit.

We have a manager, who is quietly fantastic and knows this division inside out.

We have an owner who is a fan through and through and a coaching staff who are extremely talented.

If you are not excited as hell at this the moment, you really do need to be.

Magnificent scenes. Magnificent result and mangnificent support

larus

In all the years I have been watching brighton, since 1974, that ranks on a par with the result at Livpool in the 1983 cup run. That was probably our best ever league result and certainly the best I have seen.

We have a very powerful defence and in Dunk, arguably one of the best defenders in the league.
We have a competent and skilful midfield who can play through and stifle a lot of sides in this division.
We have a fabulous set of attackers and wingers who are capable of scoring at will....Murray is just incredible if you think about it.
We have a set of players sat on the bench who can step straight in to this unit.

We have an owner who is a fan through and through and a coaching staff who are extremely talented.

As I’ve just posted on another thread, the upturn for Murray has coincided with Izquierdo finding his feet. I think Jose is a major factor for us now in giving us a real attacking threat.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Agree with all that. Looking forward to the Everton game next week already.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As I’ve just posted on another thread, the upturn for Murray has coincided with Izquierdo finding his feet. I think Jose is a major factor for us now in giving us a real attacking threat.

Izquierdo is the equivalent of Knocky last season and is key to our survival. He has helped Knocky up his game because now teams are busy watching José. Knockhaert just need to control his temper a tad...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I agree and outside the top 5 we must be the envy of every other club in the country. We have grown steadily and within our budget and are now on a roll at the critical part of the season. TB, CH, PB et al have been marvellous ambassadors for the town and club and any sniff of bad publicity has been quickly dealt with in private.

Keeping Stephens was the catalyst

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017

Indeed - that was no fluke result - we were the better team (& frankly should have been out of site by HT)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Are we not still part of the relegation battle?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

This with bells on.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
?? I thought he only passed backwards, or to the opposition, and gave away too many fouls....

ha ha. Keeping Stephens sent out the message that we keep our best players, and by best I include the grafters who make the team tick.

at the same time we made no effort to keep Stockdale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here