Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Massive

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I know there are lots about the Massive but this is MASSIVE.
5Live 606 from about 18:45 ish. A Massive fans calls in saying how they should be automatically promoted to the PL because they are Massive (his words) and that small clubs (he mentioned lots including Brighton) should be put in their place in the lower leagues.
But then Jason Mohammad agreed with him, again saying Small clubs don't deserve to be in the PL. Cue Robbie Savage who jumped in to our defence and really takes the mick out of him.
Good shouting match.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Mohammed ruins 606.
I don't mind him as a presenter on final score.
Savage is the only loud opinionated one that is required. JM should just play the part of presenter. His smug middle class opinions are not relevant and if wanted to hear two people arguing I could just tune into talk sport.
Give kelly Cates the job full time.

His argument tonight was pathetic. We might as well do away with promotion and relegation and just allow teams that were successful 50 years ago take their rightful place in the premier league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mohammed ruins 606.
I don't mind him as a presenter on final score.
Savage is the only loud opinionated one that is required. JM should just play the part of presenter. His smug middle class opinions are not relevant and if wanted to hear two people arguing I could just tune into talk sport.
Give kelly Cates the job full time.

His argument tonight was pathetic. We might as well do away with promotion and relegation and just allow teams that were successful 50 years ago take their rightful place in the premier league.

I thought the same, the BBC employee should be a medium for the pundit and callers. Mohamed’s tones dominate the show. The Sunday night version with Cates and Wright is 10x better. They simply get on with call after call.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I also believe the quality of caller has gone done since JM has been presenting. The fact that the Massive fan has been allowed on air again and they seem to be begging people to call at times.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Massive? oh right, huge, colossal, achieved everything possible in when? long may their arrogance continue, no they don't deserve to be in the Premier League, they rightfully should be champions for at least 50 years. Hold on though so do Leeds, perhaps they could be joint champions

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Jason Mohammad is one of the BBC's Jacks of all Trades like the sports presenters on breakfast TV. They are journalists that don't know much about sport at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I actually don't mind Savage these days. I listened to ove of the shows he does with Flintoff and 'the ping-pong' guy and it was really good. Robbie spoke a lot of sense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I actually don't mind Savage these days. I listened to ove of the shows he does with Flintoff and 'the ping-pong' guy and it was really good. Robbie spoke a lot of sense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agreed.....Savage has come a long way since his early career as a pundit....that show you refer to is quite entertaining

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know Talksport play out that sort of pantomime. Didn't think the BBC would, but then again they do employ Savage.

Two Welsh knobs. Bound to be a fight.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Presenter said, "Sheffield Wednesday should be in the Premier League because they have a 'massive' fan base." And that teams like Massive Wednesday should take the place of teams with smaller average attendances who are currently in the Premier League, like Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here