Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Cheese festival thingy on Hove Lawns

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Walked by today. Heard someone saying £20 entry fee which I didn't believe so checked for myself. True. They wanted 20 quid per person for entry! Doubt I would have paid £2.00. Anyone go? What the hell do you get for £20? A year's worth of cheese? And nearby on the prom a group of people with cows heads on protesting about the number of times cows are inseminated. I suggested they find a worthwhile cause to protest about.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Walked by today. Heard someone saying £20 entry fee which I didn't believe so checked for myself. True. They wanted 20 quid per person for entry! Doubt I would have paid £2.00. Anyone go? What the hell do you get for £20? A year's worth of cheese? And nearby on the prom a group of people with cows heads on protesting about the number of times cows are inseminated. I suggested they find a worthwhile cause to protest about.

Yeah, you did it :bowdown:

It's a festival. With music and performances. Apparently N-Trance are playing. Most of the tickets sold out in advance.

Not my thing but if people enjoy it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I cannot brie've it!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I know someone that went to it and one last summer, said both were terrible

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
yes went along - there is some music in a tent - beer for a fiver - burger stall, the strange thing was that there where only three cheese stalls with little choice. Long queuing for cheese on donuts and the mac and cheese stall, that was it, luckily had free tickets from the other failed cheese 'fest'

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By the sounds of things better to get to the "Eddies Bar " at any of the supermarkets and grab the cheap cheese, got a big chunk of Stilton the other day for very little.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
On another fromage related note . We lost my favourite local outlet this week , responsible for raising my cholesterol . RIP Cheese Please , in Lewes .

:moo:

Attachments

• IMG_20180303_124113_471.jpg
    IMG_20180303_124113_471.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 212

You do have to wonder about morons like that. At least two of them appear to have footwear that could contain animal products so they're also hypocrites.

Had a chat and totally get what they are saying, food production can feed everyone, dairy farms not the best use of land, just look at Withdean stadium when it was a dairy farm, much better as a footie stadium. All foot wear was from the vegetarian shoe shop I checked. Sample some non dairy cheese it was pretty good.:moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do have to wonder about morons like that. At least two of them appear to have footwear that could contain animal products so they're also hypocrites.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we do not have any products that are certain to be Vegan-friendly. While the majority of our materials are animal-by-product free, the glue in our products can sometimes contain some animal by-products. So, it is not possible for us to advertise our products as being truly Vegan.

We apologize if this prevents you from being able to wear our product. We certainly hope it does not because there is nothing in the world like a pair of Converse shoes!

If we can assist you further, please let us know.

Jessica
Converse.Com
Customer Service

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here