Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Split canvas prints

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Boring subject alert, but...

Has anyone ever ordered their own split canvas print of a photo ? We had a print blown up once of a nice family pic off the missus phone, and had it ordered as canvas print at Boots (for her mum). Came out well. But they don't seem to do the large split-canvas jobbies.

So what I'm after, is maybe a 4 or 5 piece canvas split print of the west pier in MOONLIGHT, to go across a main wall. I might mince along there one evening and take a few portrait shots when the light is decent, then submit one of those pics somewhere to have it reproduced into wall art.

Summink like THIS

traditional-prints-and-posters.jpg

..but like I say, my own pic of the West Pier, as I don't just want some old generic bobbins, I want something unique and BRIGHTON. Any wise sages of NSC able to help ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Boring subject alert, but...

Has anyone ever ordered their own split canvas print of a photo ? We had a print blown up once of a nice family pic off the missus phone, and had it ordered as canvas print at Boots (for her mum). Came out well. But they don't seem to do the large split-canvas jobbies.

So what I'm after, is maybe a 4 or 5 piece canvas split print of the west pier in MOONLIGHT, to go across a main wall. I might mince along there one evening and take a few portrait shots when the light is decent, then submit one of those pics somewhere to have it reproduced into wall art.

Summink like THIS

traditional-prints-and-posters.jpg

..but like I say, my own pic of the West Pier, as I don't just want some old generic bobbins, I want something unique and BRIGHTON. Any wise sages of NSC able to help ?

Cannot help, but I love the idea! :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I nicked this photo off the internet a couple of years ago after we had mental storms in Brighton and sent it to a canvas company, wasn't sure how it would come out but it looks great and it's unique! You could always send a photo of the West pier to a company and ask their advice

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
e3b0c8a9a3060f61ad5f33193259d850.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can recommend Hello Canvas having used them a few weeks ago. Excellent quality and surprisingly cheap.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Okey doke, cheers chaps :thumbsup:

I shall research some more.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
DIY. Ordered the canvas print off t'internet, picked up some chipboard and attacked the canvas with a stanley knife. Jobs a goodun.

queencanvas.JPG

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I nicked this photo off the internet a couple of years ago after we had mental storms in Brighton and sent it to a canvas company, wasn't sure how it would come out but it looks great and it's unique! You could always send a photo of the West pier to a company and ask their advice

e3b0c8a9a3060f61ad5f33193259d850.jpg

Stealing other people’s photographs isn’t something to brag about. I hope you made sure it was royalty free.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stealing other people’s photographs isn’t something to brag about. I hope you made sure it was royalty free.
Fml someone put it on fassbook or twatter and I just copied it, how many years am I looking at?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fml someone put it on fassbook or twatter and I just copied it, how many years am I looking at?

That’s the problem. Nobody seems to understand that just because someone has put a picture on Facebook, it doesn’t change the copyright laws.

If it was my picture, you’d be paying me for using it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That’s the problem. Nobody seems to understand that just because someone has put a picture on Facebook, it doesn’t change the copyright laws.

If it was my picture, you’d be paying me for using it.
Oh well, I'll make sure I don't invite whoever it was round my flat then [emoji23]

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think the copyright rules re images posted on the internet are somewhat complex. You haven’t actually republished the image, nor made any commercial gain, although you have reproduced it. As the image is for your own benefit and use I suspect that any court would take this situation lightly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When the weather gets better there's a guy down on the seafront in Brighton who sells all this kind of tat. I think he does Any Warhol style Pavillion prints too.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I want free :drink: all day tomorrow otherwise I'll tell everyone where you live :moo:
I doubt I'm gonna make it, haven't slept a wink past 2 nights coughing [emoji25]🤧[emoji47]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here