Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The most painful thing in the world

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
In about three hours time I’ll find out what the pain levels of a partial knee replacement are.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Gout. When the tiniest of drafts hits your toe and you scream in pain, that is agony.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Odd thing about pain is if something is really painful your brain blocks it out so it is t overwhelmed with the pain signals from the nerves. I dislocated my ankle and broke it in 3 places and. That was painful initially then after a while it was bearable as my brain seemed to sideline the pain so it could carry on as normal.

I experienced this when playing 5-a-side. When my achilles went with an audible bang like a gunshot (all playing heard it) my brain just deadened all pain down my left leg. It was very uncomfortable, but not searing pain. Was very odd.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
On the way home from the Bournemouth game I came off my bike and bounced 50 yards down the middle lane of the M23 breaking 5 ribs in my back amongst other injuries - after which the pain on any attempted upper body movement was absolutely indescribable, existential, terrifying, like being sawed into with a rip saw - I'd take kidney stones (which I've had) any day...

PS a belated 'thank you' to the lovely members of the public and the amazing emergency services who kept me safe and cared for me, I can never thank them enough.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I experienced this when playing 5-a-side. When my achilles went with an audible bang like a gunshot (all playing heard it) my brain just deadened all pain down my left leg. It was very uncomfortable, but not searing pain. Was very odd.

I heard the same bang when mine severed, felt no pain at all. During the fixing of the tendon I meet my future wife, which many years later would lead to lots of severe pain

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Stabbed in the kneecap with a screwdriver then having the trainee nurse stitch it and forgetting to aneasthatise the area where the last two stitches went in. I have never punched a woman before or since but that night she got an involuntary right hook to the tit.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Twisted testicle (torsion). Never had one myself, obviously, but once looked after someone who did who was given enough morphine to kill an elephant, and it still barely touched the pain. Poor lad, that’s one I’ll never forget.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Stabbed in the kneecap with a screwdriver then having the trainee nurse stitch it and forgetting to aneasthatise the area where the last two stitches went in. I have never punched a woman before or since but that night she got an involuntary right hook to the tit.
Could you not have said “ow, that hurts, would you mind stopping please?”

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Hearing "and Smith must score" - a fairly regular dream (nightmare!) that I seem doomed to suffer every 3-6 months - always in slo-mo technicolor
:ffsparr:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
broken heart?
papercut?
having a Thai prostitute stand on your left nut wearing high heals?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Tiny cuts in the corner of fingers from dry skin are a right *******!! Suffer them quite often in the winter :cry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here