Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] [OT] Zanussi Integrated Dishwasher problems

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hi,

Who is the resident white goods expert on here?

I've got a Zanussi integrated dishwasher that has started having problems out of the blue. I started a full load and it stopped and seemed to indicate the anti-flood system was kicking in. It would only turn off by turning it off at the mains otherwise the pump runs constantly.

I've tried to run it since and it will fill up with water then anti-flood kicks in, occasionally I can get it to run a wash and it will drain the water and again fill with water but then go to a single beep to indicate the wash has finished which it clearly hasn't. I did manage to get it to run a wash once, but have tried about 10 times since and not managed it again. It only gets to signal it has ended the wash quickly, or anti-flood kicks in.

I've taken it out of the unit, tipped it back to try and get any water out in case it has leaked but nothing really leaked out or could not find any problem.

I assume it is a computer problem or something? Zanussi want £100 to come out excluding parts, so thought I'd see if anyone had any other ideas or was more reasonable than Zanussi

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I don't have a Zanussi but my dishwasher did something similar. It turned out one of the pump out hoses had popped off. Engineer refitted and it hasn't bothered me since.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Check inlet and outlet hoses first, check impeller fit blockages. You've already done the tip over for possible anti flood, though the float that activates this can get stuck, remove bottom panel to get at this... But before anything so drastic Google what button combination/holding to do to reset it. Useful information that. Not usually in manual.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
You've already done the tip over for possible anti flood, though the float that activates this can get stuck, remove bottom panel to get at this... .

Is that Zanussi specific? Mine is on the side of the unit (had to unblock it twice over the years)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't expect anyone to come out. Apparently everyone can work from home these days especially when a tad snowy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you tried turning it off and then back on again.

That’s my first one of them....... It’s going to be a good weekend.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't expect anyone to come out. Apparently everyone can work from home these days especially when a tad snowy.

:facepalm:

So dragging yourself out in dangerous conditions is absolutely vital to fix a dishwasher because the alternative, well let's be honest, is the customer getting their hands wet for a day or two.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

So dragging yourself out in dangerous conditions is absolutely vital to fix a dishwasher because the alternative, well let's be honest, is the customer getting their hands wet for a day or two.

If I was a white goods technician I'd go, if I didn't someone else would resulting in me losing money. Alright for those working in front of computer screens. They appear to forget there other jobs in the world. Some even need people to go out in the big wide world in all weathers.

Bet you'd be calling a plumber if water was pissing through your ceiling or the boiler had gone bang.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I was a white goods technician I'd go, if I didn't someone else would resulting in me losing money. Alright for those working in front of computer screens. They appear to forget there other jobs in the world. Some even need people to go out in the big wide world in all weathers.

Bet you'd be calling a plumber if water was pissing through your ceiling or the boiler had gone bang.

Good for you.

By the way, I don't sit behind a computer for my job. I lost money on Tuesday because of not working but safety comes first. That said, round here the snow wasn't that bad however if you were a white goods engineer down in the west country then more fool you for going out on a job and more fool the customer for making you. If I was the customer in those circumstances, I wouldn't expect someone to come and fix a white goods appliance when there are red weather warnings. Maybe as a customer you would expect that 'customer service'. Common sense should prevail.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good for you.

By the way, I don't sit behind a computer for my job. I lost money on Tuesday because of not working but safety comes first. That said, round here the snow wasn't that bad however if you were a white goods engineer down in the west country then more fool you for going out on a job and more fool the customer for making you. If I was the customer in those circumstances, I wouldn't expect someone to come and fix a white goods appliance when there are red weather warnings. Maybe as a customer you would expect that 'customer service'. Common sense should prevail.

Common sense? That's ****ing disappeared people wait to be told what to do these days by over excited presenter's on TV.

I travelled to St Ives, Cornwall and back this week, why? Because I could and was required to by my company. I was prepared and arrived home safely.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you Googled? Most of these problems are common enough to have YouTube videos of solutions.

I've twice had a similar problem with my Bosch; I knew the water was pumped out, but the "flood" sensor wouldn't clear unless I tipped it backwards to reset it (not to empty any water).

I imagine Zanussi have similar quirks.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Common sense? That's ****ing disappeared people wait to be told what to do these days by over excited presenter's on TV.

I travelled to St Ives, Cornwall and back this week, why? Because I could and was required to by my company. I was prepared and arrived home safely.

Give the man a medal!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I had trouble getting from my warm bedroom to the lounge to watch old classic films all week (in between meal breaks obviously) when I misplaced my comfy slippers. It’s not been an easy week for any of us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Maybe it's frozen

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here