Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Telegraph's take on our run-in...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
runin.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...games-go-teams-have-toughest-easiest-run-ins/

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good results against Leicester, Huddersfield, Palace and Burnley will see us fine.

Bonus points v Arsenal most welcome as well.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
About Swansea (from that article)... "you'd have expected them to see off Brighton"

Really...??

But, whichever way you slice it, our run-in is exceptionally hard and we will do well to finish above about 16th.

If we had an easy run-in then we could be dreaming of a top half finish but that would be a bit ridiculous given the squad with which we played the first half of the season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Pretty poor analysis though. At the end of the season, it's a team motivation (qualify for Europe, avoid relegation etc) that has a massive effect on what they bring to the table, not just their form over the first 28 games.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Pointless.

They should have prepared a graph of the league table of the last 8 games and taken the average position of this table, that’s what’s more relevant.

Unfortunately for us, Everton, burnley and Leicester all gunning for the Europa league spot if a top 6 side wins the FA Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Pointless.

They should have prepared a graph of the league table of the last 8 games and taken the average position of this table, that’s what’s more relevant.

Unfortunately for us, Everton, burnley and Leicester all gunning for the Europa league spot if a top 6 side wins the FA Cup.

BHAFC are going to win the FA Cup however, so that's alright then.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not bothered what the papers say. When we need a good performance, the players tend to always come up with it and that has kept us above the bottom 3 all season. We aint consistent but none of the teams around us have come to the Amex and beaten us

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What a load of rubbish. They need to look at it another way. They admit under 40 points would be safe, but really only 37 From there how many teams can reach 37 with the games they have?
6 points from four games (add Arsenal as the fifth). Am offended by the Swansea comment though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I thought the analysis was good... and, like most, I expect it to be tough for us in the next 10... shame we didn't recruit Locadia and Ulloa or equivalent in the summer like we should; I suspect we would be home and hosed if we had...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Another analysis that doesn't tell the full story. Leicester at home is a pretty easy game, they have been poor on their travels. Leicester away completely the opposite. It is not just who you play but where. Stoke away is difficult, Stoke at home very easy, Southampton the opposite. Huddersfield have a lot of home six pointers, win those they are safe. Not one of these articles has covered this properly.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I know that...I'm just saying the next hardest run-ins are for teams below us (West Ham, Stoke)

Petee I know exactly what you mean, and you read it right :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Doesn't work that way though, does it?

Hardly anyone we are playing has anything riding on the game/have far more important European games, whilst those with an 'easy' run-in have to play the bottom-dwellers fighting for their lives.
Also doesn't account for Southampton having far more away games and West Ham having loads at home.
Current form, morale and injuries all cast aside.
Nor does it account for the utter shitness of Southampton, West Brom & Stoke's management. Fancy Carvahal to have a much trickier end to the season too.
So it serves only as a reminder that no-one knows what will happen.

But, if we win two more games and keep our GD advantage then we have a 95% chance of staying up.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't work that way though, does it?

Hardly anyone we are playing has anything riding on the game/have far more important European games, whilst those with an 'easy' run-in have to play the bottom-dwellers fighting for their lives.
Also doesn't account for Southampton having far more away games and West Ham having loads at home.
Current form, morale and injuries all cast aside.
Nor does it account for the utter shitness of Southampton, West Brom & Stoke's management. Fancy Carvahal to have a much trickier end to the season too.
So it serves only as a reminder that no-one knows what will happen.

But, if we win two more games and keep our GD advantage then we have a 95% chance of staying up.

All good points, but I think it is focusing on the stats (avg position of opponents) rather than the other stuff, so it does the job in that respect....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here