Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flair players who it seems never made the group stages

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sergei Gotsmanov. For running the ball round the keeper after sitting him on his arse

Hans Kraay. More folk hero than Flair, but the hair and the bouncing.

Who else missed the cut?

Last edited:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Denny Mundee, Rod Thomas, Darren Currie, Mark Gall.... all ignored :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 25, 2003
Gotsmanov did well last time round but didn’t even receive a nomination this year. Darren Currie is a favourite of mine but again didn’t get a nomination- I think his short Albion Career goes against him plus he was actually quite good

The nominations thread went on for quite a while- anyone with any kind of backing made the cut so you’ve only got yourselves to blame [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Liam Dickinson,

Signed by two clubs (Derby and Barnsley) for six figure fees but who found both him and his attitude so shit he never played a league game for them.

Described as shit by Barry Lloyd when being scouted by the Albion, but Russell Salad signed him anyway.

Helped drunken female students cross the road at 1am in West Street by carrying them over his shoulder the night before a match.

In a 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield scored a worldie from 30 yards and didn’t move for the other 89 minutes.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Chris Iwelumo - scored a worldie from way out on the left wing for his first goal for us, but can't remember him doing anything else much apart from falling over for the play-off final penalty. Then disappeared off to Germany and now graces C5's football league round up.
NB My iPad predictive text suggested "owe lump" for his second name ��

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
John Ruggiero. Scored the equaliser at S'oton, opening game of season at the Dell. Never played much after that.

Oct 25, 2003
most of these just fall into the "just a bit shit" category really.....very few flair points on offer in this thread....the only exceptions being Gotsmanov and Currie

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here