Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

• Yes!

Votes: 164 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 39.7%
  • There's not been enough polls of late, thanks for remedying that

Votes: 44 12.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a fair bit of "If we lose to Swansea we'll go down" knocking about before last weekend's game. And whilst defeat would not, in isolation, have relegated us, it would have made survival somewhat more difficult, with Swansea three more points to the good and our tricky run coming up.

So, let's turn it round...

If we beat Arsenal, are we as good as safe? Once again, by pure mathematics, clearly not. It's also unlikely that 34 points will be sufficient. However with the visits of Huddersfield, (inconsistent Leicester), Palace only having 3 fit players and trips to out-of-sorts Everton and Burnley ahead, we would surely feel confident of getting the handful of points we need to stay up.

What say you?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No, but it could be our last win of the season. Onto 34 points..

-draws v Everton, Leicester, Huddersfield, palace, burnley

39 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes but we will probbaly not beat Arsenal. I saw them play the Sweedish side and however badly they played, they were still dangerous up front. I would be happy if we get a point but a win puts us well ahead.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, *as good as*, but not quite enough for the squad to start the end of season bender.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Below the top 4 teams, only Swansea have won more than 2 games in their last 5 matches. 6 of our last 10 games are against teams who are below the top 4.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If we win I think we'll get over 40 points, maybe as many as 43, and will finish in top ten. Whatever the result on Sunday there is plenty of games and points left to play for. UTA.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It's a massive opportunity to bolster our survival chances, but no more than that. A buoyant Albion against a dithering Arsenal, we might not have a better chance to beat a top 6 team this season, but I guess we would still have to garner 4 or 5 more points before we can relax.
Arsenal are flat track bullies too, so taking nothing for granted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here