Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selling old football programmes

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Where is the best place to try and offload old Brighton programmes and other memorabilia these days? Is it still eBay or are there alternatives?
Got to make some space in the loft.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Old football programmes used to be worth a fair bit of money once upon a time. Not an any more alas. I had to bin a lot of mine last year when space at home became an issue.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've got the Brighton 2 Bristol Rovers 8 one somewhere! I really should try and destroy all memories of that day!

SAC

May 21, 2014
I sold a seasons worth on eBay and it only went for a couple of quid. Wasn't worth the hassle.

Do they still have programme sellers fairs? If they do, this would be the best place to sell them.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Where is the best place to try and offload old Brighton programmes and other memorabilia these days? Is it still eBay or are there alternatives?
Got to make some space in the loft.

To be honest, there's not much of a market for programmes from the 70s and 80s.

I've got all the homes, apart from a few of the friendlies, and most of the aways.

Have you got a list?

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
To be honest, there's not much of a market for programmes from the 70s and 80s.

I've got all the homes, apart from a few of the friendlies, and most of the aways.

Have you got a list?

Pretty much what I expected people to say - Don't have a list at the moment but can't imagine there is much good stuff left in there as I had a spate of trying to ebay some a few years ago and these are what's left!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Are there still any in existence?

I know of only ONE Brighton collector who has one. I guess there must be some Villa collectors who have it.

The programme itself covers two games, ours on the Monday, and Chelsea v QPR (a League match) two days before, so collectors from those clubs may have one.

Add in 108 years, 2 World Wars and the fact that it's basically a small item printed on flimsy paper, it's unlikely there's too many knocking around

For Brighton collectors, it really is the Holy Grail of programmes.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This is what the cover looks like, if anyone wants to keep an eye out at the next car Boot Sale!!!

Charity Shield P1.jpg

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
OK then, following Wenger's bid in their Suarez debacle - £40,000,001.

(Unfortunately, I haven't got it).

In all seriousness, a Brighton collector paid over £1,200 for an Albion v Southampton programme from 1906.

That was just a 'normal' Southern League game, so the programme from possibly the most incredible result in our entire history would fetch SIGNIFICANTLY more than that.

el punal

I've got the Brighton 2 Bristol Rovers 8 one somewhere! I really should try and destroy all memories of that day!

Try as you might you'll never succeed. With ITV's Big Match cameras there, and the commentary by Brian Moore, it will forever be on YouTube. Thank you so much Smash n' Grab, you b*******!!! :cry:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My mums nagging me to pick up mine from her house along with a ZX spectrum a Grandstand space invader game thing and a few other bits.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here