Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Nogan

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Bong

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
onto group B, same rules apply- votes will be open for 48 hours and the top 4 progress. Here are the contestants:

Bas Savage
Nationality: English
Position: Striker
Albion Career: 2007-08 (36 apps 9 goals)
Flair Profile: Great celebration. Unorthodox playing style. He had blue hair for a bit. Once moonwalked in front of grieving relatives. Ridiculously high profile cult status
savage-301014-l229-2051344_478x359.jpg

Frank Worthington
Nationality: English (8 caps 2 goals)
Albion Career: 1984-85 (31 apps 7 goals)
Flair Profile: Prolific womaniser. Immensely skilful style of play. Playboy lifestyle
ae964da9bacb70c0ba5e5cfed15ad4af.jpg

Leon Knight
Albion Career: 2003-06 (108 apps 36 goals(
Flair Profile: Ultimate bad boy attitude. Incredible amount of off-field shenanigans. Incredible social media presence (including being a member on NSC). Complete lack of discipline, self awareness or humility. Unfulfilled potential
Leon-Knight-006.jpg

Jamie Moralee
Albion Career: 1998-99 (35 apps 4 goals)
Flair Profile: Celebrity WAG. Completely shit. Now a very prolific agent
soccer-nationwide-league-division-three-brighton-and-hove-albion-v-g956yc.jpg

Alan Biley
Albion Career: 1984-86 (35 apps 8 goals)
Flair Profile: Greatest hair in Albion history?
d7ba9257c137410c93a90fba4f2d74f7.jpg

Mauricio Taricco
Nationality: Argentinian
Position: Defender
Albion Career: 2010-12 (15 apps 0 goals)
Flair Profile: The least disciplined 'seasoned pro' of all time. Constant dissent. Trying tricks in ill-advised parts of the pitch. No/very small shin pads. Hard as nails. Wild appearance
Mauricio+Taricco+Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+uKAeClwdJkzl.jpg

Kurt Nogan
Nationality: Welsh
Albion Career: 1992-95 (97 apps 49 goals)
Flair Profile: Scored a lot of goals and had a good chant (that's all I got from the nominations thread)
01ASV61E.jpeg

Gaetan Bong
Nationality: Cameroonian (12 caps)
Position: Defender
Albion Career: 2015-present (55 apps)
Flair Profile: Great hair. African. Cool name
1364184129171,0.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Oct 25, 2003
have any of the other participants ever made a video of them going absolutely mental while watching a compilation of the goals that they've scored....goals that they've scored in NORTHERN IRELAND I must add

the bloke is top drawer entertainment

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But if the criteria involves major throwing toys out of pram, Worthington can't win (for all he was the most naturally gifted player I saw for us).

It has to be Knight (see post 5 and his twitter account - and his entire career....)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Easy win for Worthington this one. Makes everyone else look like Harry Potter.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Although I voted for the great Frank Worthington, I could have voted for Bas Savage for the moment of flair he showed at Northampton after scoring. He was just about to start his moonwalk when the referee ran over to stop him. Bas put his hand up in a "hands-off" stylee. The referee froze and Bas went through his moonwalk routine right in front of the packed away end. A classic Albion moment.

Oct 25, 2003
just a few highlights from Knight's wikipedia entry, which I don't think even begins to scratch the surface

-Knight had a falling out with Brighton manager Mark McGhee, which culminated in Knight being thrown off the team bus in the middle of the New Forest en route to a match against Southampton on 2 January 2006

-His stay at the Liberty Stadium was short-lived, and he was placed on the transfer list in October 2006, due to a poor attitude

-On 12 December, Rushden & Diamonds confirmed that Knight had been sacked after continual breaches of conduct between November and December 2008.

-Despite his contract having been terminated, Rushden & Diamonds retained the players registration, preventing Knight from joining another English club until the term of his contract had expired, unless £30,000 in compensation was paid to the club.[9] The FA confirmed and validated the retaining of the registration, meaning Knight could not play at any level of English football until the contract had expired. The contract had initially been due to expire following the 2009–10 season, but Rushden & Diamonds invoked a clause allowing them to extend the contract by a further year

-He was sent off for his role in a tunnel brawl after a win over Heart of Midlothian, having been an unused substitute during the game

-Knight responded by criticising Rushden & Diamonds on his Twitter account, saying that he has chosen not to buy-out his contract as a matter of principle. "Rushden have said they don't want the money from Darlington, they want it from me – I refuse to pay them out of principle. If I wanted I could raise the money and pay them but I don't want to give them the satisfaction

-Two weeks later, Knight was transfer-listed and suspended by Coleraine for failing to appear for training and matches

-In January 2012 however, Coleraine asked Knight to either live in Northern Ireland or pay his own travel costs, as he was still living in London and had to travel over to Northern Ireland for each game, which was costing Coleraine £1,000–£1,500 per month

-His stay at Glentoran was relatively short lived, as the club released him in June 2012 when they invoked a probationary clause in his contract after he allegedly made homophobic comments on Twitter.

-Knight's use of Twitter in May 2012 caused condemnation after he posted remarks opposing US President Barack Obama's support for same sex marriage

other highlights include

-Getting in a lengthy and bizarre online feud with Danielle Lloyd

-Registering on NSC to "defend himself"

-Shortly after leaving the Albion publicly wishing we'd get relegated

-Actively trying to cause disharmony in the Albion squad while he was here

-His slumped posture on the Withdean years DVD

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Moonwalking celebration in front of grieving relatives.

Just drink that in for a moment.

I’m sorry but that should get him to the semi final ALONE.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I used to work with a guy who was a massive Bolton fan.

The stories he told about Frank Worthington turning up to training with an attractive lady on each arm. Made George Best look like a choirboy.

Along with Duncan McKenzie the ultimate 70s/80s flair player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
have any of the other participants ever made a video of them going absolutely mental while watching a compilation of the goals that they've scored....goals that they've scored in NORTHERN IRELAND I must add

the bloke is top drawer entertainment

I'd completely forgotten about this. Just incredible.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I've gone for Taricco, too young to be around when Worthington when he was playing, otherwise he'd probably be by choice.

But Argentinian, head case, tiny shin pads and the lack of discipline swung it for me.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When I saw "Savage" I thought, for one horrific moment, that it was referring to Robbie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here