Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where can I drop off sleeping bags for homeless ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
It’s payday and I was filling up my car with petrol, must have taken about 2 mins and I was freezing my nuts off !! A social conscience came over me, so knowing Halfords are currently selling sleeping bags for £5 each, I bought 4. Can’t find on line where I can drop them off. It’s my bit of do gooding just in case there is a heaven I can point to this small act of charity and get eternal life, job done.

Serious question.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s payday and I was filling up my car with petrol, must have taken about 2 mins and I was freezing my nuts off !! A social conscience came over me, so knowing Halfords are currently selling sleeping bags for £5 each, I bought 4. Can’t find on line where I can drop them off. It’s my bit of do gooding just in case there is a heaven I can point to this small act of charity and get eternal life, job done.

Serious question.

Not too sure it works that way

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Serious question.

Makes a refreshing change to your previous musings on punching random people in the face etc. I salute you. :kiss:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Serious question.

When not in use, the Brighton Centre is housing the homeless over the winter.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Serious question.

That's a wonderful thing to have done. You will be rewarded at some point later, some how. I believe it does work like this.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Serious question.

Find out where they live first :moo:

Oct 25, 2003
Project Antifreeze on Portland Road (my former employers) are the main suppliers of sleeping bags to rough sleepers in the city. They buy them especially so maybe either make a donation to them for the specific use of sleeping bags or give them sleeping bags which they can use when theirs run out. Bearing in mind they have limited space and have recently purchased several hundred sleeping bags so would be worth phoning ahead

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Off The Fence  
Charity in Hove for the homeless
Address: 37 Portland Rd, Hove BN3 5DQ

Edit, just seen the post above, so if they don't need them, then St Peters church is running a night shelter for the homeless.

Oct 25, 2003
Project Antifreeze on Portland Road (my former employers) are the main suppliers of sleeping bags to rough sleepers in the city. They buy them especially so maybe either make a donation to them for the specific use of sleeping bags or give them sleeping bags which they can use when theirs run out. Bearing in mind they have limited space and have recently purchased several hundred sleeping bags so would be worth phoning ahead

Off The Fence  
Charity in Hove for the homeless
Address: 37 Portland Rd, Hove BN3 5DQ

just to avoid confusion- Off the Fence and Antifreeze are not separate entities- Antifreeze is the homelessness project run by Off the Fence. Contacting either department would be fine

Oct 25, 2003
at this time of year the important thing to recommend to a rough sleeper is that they access the emergency shelters provided at night and to access day centres during the day.

unless things have changed there are 4 main day centres in the city, they are: First Base (open in the morning), Antifreeze (open in the afternoon), Clock Tower Sanctuary (for 16-25's) and St Annes (can't remember opening times, but its in Kemp Town). Most rough sleepers will be aware of all of this but the most helpful thing for them to do at this time of year is to be inside for as long as possible, not only for health reasons but so that they can access help and be known to services and they may need encouragement to do this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here