Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia is an actual RECORDING ARTIST.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Were people aware of this? Just picked up on it from football weekly. Not a namesake, our ACTUAL striker.

[yt]iHsSXiUdteE[/yt]

For me the weirdest thing is - whilst it’s not my sort of music at all - it’s not completely awful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My brother pointed me to this. Agree, not my sort of music. That trancy bit sounds soooooooo Dutch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I had no idea until Ade mentioned it on The Albion Roar show I was on and played a snippet while covering us in bubbles. It's a bit Guetta influenced isn't it?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Were people aware of this? Just picked up on it from football weekly. Not a namesake, our ACTUAL striker.

[yt]iHsSXiUdteE[/yt]

For me the weirdest thing is - whilst it’s not my sort of music at all - it’s not completely awful.

I'm amazed that ANYONE did NOT know this!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bet you didn’t know Connor Goldson also records? He uses the name Danger Mouse. Here he is with Iggy Pop

Attachments

• CF1F09FC-75FC-426C-AF72-6F843C1D28F9.jpeg
    CF1F09FC-75FC-426C-AF72-6F843C1D28F9.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,010

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Really? Quite a lot of us are of, er, rather more mature years and not really aware of what goes on in modern music.Basically, if Buzzer doesn't mention it, it doesn't exist

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Really? Quite a lot of us are of, er, rather more mature years and not really aware of what goes on in modern music.Basically, if Buzzer doesn't mention it, it doesn't exist

I'm of similar vintage, and Buzzer is my personal music *dealer*. I would have no clue what goes in in Dutch R'n'B (this is 'R'n'B right :shrug: ). I merely thought most would have picked up on it, as he mentioned his music in every interview he gave when he signed. The Argus even ran an article about it.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16029595.Locadia_will_hope_to_be_on_song_for_Seagulls/

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Yes, really. Was mentioned when he signed. Many stories since.

Must admit, hadn't got around to actually listening to it. It's not Hoddle and Waddle, is it? (A good thing)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been mentioned several times already, you are a little late to the (Locadia) party.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm of similar vintage, and Buzzer is my personal music *dealer*. I would have no clue what goes in in Dutch R'n'B (this is 'R'n'B right :shrug: ). I merely thought most would have picked up on it, as he mentioned his music in every interview he gave when he signed. The Argus even ran an article about it.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16029595.Locadia_will_hope_to_be_on_song_for_Seagulls/

Fair enough, although I thought most people on here say they don't read the Argus any more.

I'd certainly not read any interviews with him so it was news to me

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
I was looking at a few Dutch music vids of our new star striker and all of them pronounced his name LOCK-ARE-DEE-AH.

So I think we can ignore those who insist it is LOW-CAR-DIA

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here