Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading v Sheffield United (Attendance)

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The attendance at the Madejski last night was 6,769.

And to think that they once (in March 2002) sang to us: "What's it like to see a crowd?"

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The attendance at the Madejski last night was 6,769.

And to think that they once (in March 2002) sang to us: "What's it like to see a crowd?"

Their support probably (rightly) had expected a tonking so didn't turn up !
Short Memories and the weather wasn't very 'fair' !

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Stupid point to make when the temperature was well below freezing people advised not to travel

The attendance for the Hull v Barnsley game last night was 14,000, and I believe that the weather was no better up there.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Stupid point to make when the temperature was well below freezing people advised not to travel

Officially advised not to travel (by the Highways Agency or somesuch?). If so, then in all honesty, the game should not have been played.

People should not be put in a position where a match they have tickets for is played, and they have a choice of missing it, or ignoring government safety warnings.

Would potential put the club in an uncomfortable legal position, if they are encouraging people to come, and somebody gets seriously injured, or worse, travelling to the game on roads that the authorities have advised not to use.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Officially advised not to travel (by the Highways Agency or somesuch?). If so, then in all honesty, the game should not have been played.

People should not be put in a position where a match they have tickets for is played, and they have a choice of missing it, or ignoring government safety warnings.

Would potential put the club in an uncomfortable legal position, if they are encouraging people to come, and somebody gets seriously injured, or worse, travelling to the game on roads that the authorities have advised not to use.

Twaddle

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’m just outside Reading on a train A6217B2A-C9DB-4421-9777-85E3D312099A.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So there's sod all snow, and there would not have been any official travel warnings :shrug:

I’m just coming into the station and a very light dusting. Pathetic snowflakes the public and the weather. I left St Ives earlier and with a light covering of snow the school shut. On my train there were four teachers all besides themselves as they felt unsafe to drive their cars home. Tomorrow they’re planning on taxis getting them in. There’s ****ing logic there somewhere. Silly bints.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Need to know if it’s pretendance or attendance before commenting - surely they have more than 6k season ticket holders.

I appreciate on threads like this people will say ‘short memories’ etc but withdean days can not be compared to the Mad Stad. Fact is, Reading have really shit support in numbers and vocally. Even funnier, they got promoted from nicking our manager & 2 players we unearthed and were very boastful about it which was poor considering our troubles. **** off Reading.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Need to know if it’s pretendance or attendance before commenting - surely they have more than 6k season ticket holders.

I appreciate on threads like this people will say ‘short memories’ etc but withdean days can not be compared to the Mad Stad. Fact is, Reading have really shit support in numbers and vocally. Even funnier, they got promoted from nicking our manager & 2 players we unearthed and were very boastful about it which was poor considering our troubles. **** off Reading.

The very definition of plastic, tinpot, call them what you will. They list 'the Reading fans' on the teamsheet as number 13 (perhaps because there are only 13 of them) and essentially have the same number of core supporters as they had at Elm Park, with a few thousand others turning up in their new scarves to watch big teams. Soccer! And in fairness to most of those long-term Biscuitmen fans, most of them preferred Elm Park to the empty blue seats of the MadStad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
image.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It looks good the other way up too! Thought you may have been hanging from the luggage rack to be more comfortable ��
No been occupying myself looking at the young lady’s photos on her phone who’s sitting in the seat in front.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It looks good the other way up too! Thought you may have been hanging from the luggage rack to be more comfortable ��

When travelling on the Great Western line it is de rigueur to use the luggage racks as an extra seat. [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] will tell you I have extensive experience.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
When travelling on the Great Western line it is de rigueur to use the luggage racks as an extra seat. [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] will tell you I have extensive experience.
[MENTION=17707]horshamite[/MENTION]

He probably reserves the luggage rack as opposed to a seat on his trains. He finds it more comfortable after a belly full of local brew.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here