Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] unregistered schools

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have to agree, whether it's Jewish 'schools' or the other lot. Yes, close them down, and just for once sod worrying about offending minorities; just tell 'em to like it or lump it.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Of course they should be closed. Religion shouldn't be allowed within a million miles of the education system, it's regressive and divisive and we fill children's heads with this Bronze age twaddle at our peril.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of course they should be closed. Religion shouldn't be allowed within a million miles of the education system, it's regressive and divisive and we fill children's heads with this Bronze age twaddle at our peril.

I went to two Cof E schools,I'm now an atheist.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

To be fair, most C of E Schools religious 'indoctrination' was a hymn in morning assembly, a fairly bland RE lesson once a week, and maybe a crocodile walk to the local church for a carol service. Rather different from the subject matter of this thread!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

To be fair, most C of E Schools religious 'indoctrination' was a hymn in morning assembly, a fairly bland RE lesson once a week, and maybe a crocodile walk to the local church for a carol service. Rather different from the subject matter of this thread!

Exactly. It's monitored and regulated. Regardless, I do think education should be completely secular and I say that as a father of kids in a faith secondary school.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Or having a paedophile C of E priest in the case of my primary school.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or having a paedophile C of E priest in the case of my primary school.

Sorry to hear that. Most of us, however, fortunately had a very different experience of C of E schools than you. Catholic schools almost certainly had a few too - probably more than the C of E. These were, however, proper schools that were regulated and inspected, and the problem in your school wasn't endemic in all of them.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sorry to hear that. Most of us, however, fortunately had a very different experience of C of E schools than you. Catholic schools almost certainly had a few too - probably more than the C of E. These were, however, proper schools that were regulated and inspected, and the problem in your school wasn't endemic in all of them.

Very true and my experience of my primary school was first class at the time.

We didn't know about the priest in question at the time and it didn't involve any pupils at the school, but he has subsequently been convicted of sex offences against a child whilst he was priest at my C of E primary school, which was part of the Diocese of Chichester. I remember him very well.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I agree. I'd shut them all down, every one.
But this is a Das Reich thread, it has nothing to do with education. It's always, always about race

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
To quote Marcus Brigstocke (on parents using their religion to define their children's faith):

"A four year old child is no more a Christian than he is a member of the Postal Workers Union".

Jan 30, 2008
I agree. I'd shut them all down, every one.
But this is a Das Reich thread, it has nothing to do with education. It's always, always about race
Absolute crap , but you like to spin it that way because its a bit of a prickly subject that needs to be brushed under the carpet for some reason ,there's no need for any of this regardless of race or creed
regards
DR

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Absolute crap , but you like to spin it that way because its a bit of a prickly subject that needs to be brushed under the carpet for some reason ,there's no need for any of this regardless of race or creed
regards
DR
How am I brushing it under the carpet, you Muppet? I said I'd close them all down.
I just don't trust your motives. Ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here