Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Vs Swansea - Away fan perspective and opinion of Brighton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I counted eight perched on the East stand roof, 'watching' the game, at one point in the second half. There were another three circling around inside the stadium. It was during a substitution, so I didn't miss any part of the game.

We sit right under the WSU roof and there seems to be a huge flock up there most matches. They actually make a drumming noise with their feet. My son and his best mate have called it "The Seagull Apocalypse"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Is the pet hawk still there to scare the pigeons?

Not that I've noticed.

Seagulls would also scare the pigeons mind you. Your average Brighton seagull would chase your average flying rat for half a mile for fun before eating its eggs for breakfast with some scavenged KFC and whatever they could russell up from when it was following the trawler.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not that I've noticed.

Seagulls would also scare the pigeons mind you. Your average Brighton seagull would chase your average flying rat for half a mile for fun before eating its eggs for breakfast with some scavenged KFC and whatever they could russell up from when it was following the trawler.

I got attacked by a seagull out running recently....multiple ‘flybys’.......

The hawk was there when I did the tour.......in the roof above WSU right above half way. Think a keeper brings it in regularly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I got attacked by a seagull out running recently....multiple ‘flybys’.......

The hawk was there when I did the tour.......in the roof above WSU right above half way. Think a keeper brings it in regularly.

I got dive bombed running too! There’s a theory that animals are colour blind but it always seemed to happen when I was running in orange or red tops.

Given Swansea’s away kit maybe that’s why they were on the wing on Saturday? Mind you, that would mean Mat Ryan would be covered in shit every match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Well done mate. Good to see and hear an away supporters perspective. Keep up the good work fella [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I got dive bombed running too! There’s a theory that animals are colour blind but it always seemed to happen when I was running in orange or red tops.

Given Swansea’s away kit maybe that’s why they were on the wing on Saturday? Mind you, that would mean Mat Ryan would be covered in shit every match.

Maty is too small to get bothered.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hi all,

Made this little video from the match on Saturday, I'm a Swansea fan so it's an interesting watch showing what other clubs think of you

I also talk a little bit about the history of Brighton so correct me if I get anything wrong

Let me know what you think!
Cheers, the groundhopper

Well put together, you did your research on us

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Maybe you hid from NSC after that day, but he was obviously talked about a lot, as was the filter :kiss:

I was traveling back from the match so missed it. Difficult to do NSC and drive 300 odd miles at the same time!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was traveling back from the match so missed it. Difficult to do NSC and drive 300 odd miles at the same time!
The thread lasted a bit more than the time it took you to get home.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Good effort. Enjoyed that

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I hate those ******** when they do that. Not been divebombed for a while during a run, so it's probably overdue [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

thegroundhopper

Feb 18, 2018
I thought that was very good and I like your reasonable attitude. From a feedback point of view I would do a bit more about the ground and the environment when you go to away grounds as that is a useful resource for future visits. All the best for your future videos...

Thanks for the suggestion, I try to keep my videos short as most groundhopping youtube videos are long and full of useless information and I try to keep mine snappy but the travel suggestion is a good one as it can be informative for future fans who go

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Fantastic video. Excellent work on getting a feel for the game without the goals being the be-all or end-all which is hard to do in football!

I have no idea how you sound so impartial, as someone said earlier.

Really good.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hi all,

Made this little video from the match on Saturday, I'm a Swansea fan so it's an interesting watch showing what other clubs think of you

I also talk a little bit about the history of Brighton so correct me if I get anything wrong

Cheers, the groundhopper

Excellent stuff - one piece of information which may have eluded you is Brighton is next to the sea which accounts for the large numbers of the SEAgulls ( and to put the record straight they are not actually seagulls as that species only really exists as a football entity. Love the quality of the singing though you were a bit quiet.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Hi all,

Cheers, the groundhopper

I enjoyed that. Have subscribed too, hoping you get to 400 and looking forward to more info-tastic vids to give me a more rounded view of the season :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Excellent stuff - one piece of information which may have eluded you is Brighton is next to the sea which accounts for the large numbers of the SEAgulls ( and to put the record straight they are not actually seagulls as that species only really exists as a football entity. Love the quality of the singing though you were a bit quiet.

Come on you super Herring Gulls!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here