Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The 4 OG ‘stat’ doesn’t bother me one tiny bit. He’s been fantastic this season and is one of the best English centre backs around. Off the top of my head only the City ‘OG’ could have been prevented but it didn’t really cost us points. They all came from trying to desperately defend or block.

Although it’s a ‘fact’ stat, it’s also a completely false stat in my opinion, if that makes sense.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The 4 OG ‘stat’ doesn’t bother me one tiny bit. He’s been fantastic this season and is one of the best English centre backs around. Off the top of my head only the City ‘OG’ could have been prevented but it didn’t really cost us points. They all came from trying to desperately defend or block.

Although it’s a ‘fact’ stat, it’s also a completely false stat in my opinion, if that makes sense.

Agree it's a somewhat nonsense stat generated for who knows what. They seem to want to skew it towards him scoring them deliberately

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Top of the blocks! 45 shots he's blocked, which were all probably on target! Duffy is third. The Burnley pair are 2nd and 4th. Just goes to show what an awesome central defending partnership we have. SOUTHGATE take note!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Top of the blocks! 45 shots he's blocked, which were all probably on target! Duffy is third. The Burnley pair are 2nd and 4th. Just goes to show what an awesome central defending partnership we have. SOUTHGATE take note!
Southgate is blind to BHAFC. mind you, he is a total cock!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Said exactly the same to the nipper yesterday. Four "own goals" but that's what happens when you chuck your body on the line every game to make sure as many attempts as possible are blocked.

He's quality.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The only people that the OG stat matters to is Palace fans.

For years they've been deriding him as some accident-prone calamitous defender yet here he is, in the Premier League, looking every bit as classy as we've always said, and being recognised as such by impartial neutral observers.

They have to cling onto the OG stat as if it validates their view. It doesn't. They're more wrong today than they've ever been. They don't have a defender fit to lace his boots.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The only people that the OG stat matters to is Palace fans.

For years they've been deriding him as some accident-prone calamitous defender yet here he is, in the Premier League, looking every bit as classy as we've always said, and being recognised as such my impartial neutral observers.

They have to cling onto the OG stat as if it validates their view. It doesn't. They're more wrong today than they've ever been. They don't have a defender fit to lace his boots.
The only thing i will say is that Dunk has matured immensely. Cutting down the yellows and needless reds.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They're more wrong today than they've ever been.

This would be debatable as they are almost always so ridiculously wrong. Except for the fact that most Palace fans seem to take great delight in always being more wrong today than they were yesterday. It's a very strange trait.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fear that Arsenal (£35M) or Liverpool (£65M) will be knocking on the door come the summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The only thing i will say is that Dunk has matured immensely. Cutting down the yellows and needless reds.

This for me......he’s always been able to tackle and block and been a decent ballplayer, but the way he’s matured in the last couple of seasons is remarkable. Must be a lot of credit due to CH here I reckon. Taking on the captaincy seems to have upped his concentration even more (have a look at the immediate aftermath of the penalty at Stoke).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fear that Arsenal (£35M) or Liverpool (£65M) will be knocking on the door come the summer.

Arsenal reported to be chasing Lascelles at Newcastle who I rate as good if not slightly better than Dunk due to his extra ability to score. My top 8 for England in order are:

Stones
Maguire
Cahill
Dier
Mawson
Lascelles
Dunk
Jones

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Could be the all time record OG record holder in the Premier League, I am almost wishing for 1 more and I don't begrudge any of them, all unlucky and as a consequence of his never say die attitude.

I would not swap him for any other defender in the league.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No chance. We are under the radar. Plucky, and that :lolol:

Mind you, Ian Wright said tonight on R5 that of the 3 who have come up, we are safe, not the others. Still, nobody was listening - the 20 minute discussion about Arsenal was long over..... :wanker:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
This would be debatable as they are almost always so ridiculously wrong. Except for the fact that most Palace fans seem to take great delight in always being more wrong today than they were yesterday. It's a very strange trait.

It is a fact that one in three Palace fans are just as stupid as the other two.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Arsenal reported to be chasing Lascelles at Newcastle who I rate as good if not slightly better than Dunk due to his extra ability to score. My top 8 for England in order are:

Stones
Maguire
Cahill
Dier
Mawson
Lascelles
Dunk
Jones

Pfui! That reads like a list compiled in the offices of Smash Hits. You missed out Paul McCartney with Mull of Kintyre...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Stones
Maguire
Cahill
Dier
Mawson
Lascelles
Dunk
Jones

Interesting order. Personally I would prefer Dunk to Lascelles but I am biased.

I agree on Maguire but not on Stones. I think Cahill is way past his best.

Mawson is good but was very poor on Saturday. Admittedly he may still be not fully recovered from injury.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here