Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trollope & Nevin

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Have we ever had assistant managers and coaches that have gone so consistently unnoticed as these two?

Tarricco & Oatway rightly got lots of plaudits and conversely, White and Booker used to get an absolute an absolute tonking on here when things went badly.

Not really sure what point I'm trying to make, but it seems they go about there business brilliantly and queitly, behind the scenes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Quietly and efficiently going about their business. They are so little "in your face" that I often find it difficult to remember Paul wotsit's surname.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also seeing Sammy Lee on TV, we dodged a bullet there.
As opposed to leaving Sami to his own devices?

Sure we might have dodged a bullet, but in doing so still walked into an oncoming tank.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw them both by Chris Hughton's table at the end of season awards do last year, so, having blagged a ticket (I hope that doesn't sound too HB&B), I thought it was only right to go and say thanks for their contribution to the team's success. They both looked surprised (but I think/hope quite pleased) to be recognised: Paul Nevin said he didn't think anybody knew who he was :)

Sort of on this note: there was a nice photo of Hughton and Hope Powell in the programme for Saturday's game, as part of a Kick It Out article. It occurred to me that, in this age where there are more and more questions asked about the lack of ethnic diversity within senior football management, we must be the only club in the country to have BAME managers for both the men's and women's senior teams, as well as the men's first team coach (Nevin) in fact.

Not intended to start any sort of diversity debate, for what it's worth. I just happen to think it's a really encouraging situation, and it's good to think the Albion might in some very small way- and however unconsciously- be contributing towards inspiring other BAME coaches & managers.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not forgetting Ben Roberts - Ryan, Krul, Walton and maenppa (esp the dignified way he has conducted himself)

We are in good hands

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have we ever had assistant managers and coaches that have gone so consistently unnoticed as these two?

Tarricco & Oatway rightly got lots of plaudits and conversely, White and Booker used to get an absolute an absolute tonking on here when things went badly.

Not really sure what point I'm trying to make, but it seems they go about there business brilliantly and queitly, behind the scenes.

The main reason that Tano and Charlie received plaudits, was down to their popularity as former players. Nothing much to do with their coaching ability, (or otherwise)..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Didnt Tanno join us as player / assistant manager?

No. He joined as assistant manager, ....... and then only started playing again when there was a crisis if I remember rightly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking at our inability to deal with crosses be they set pieece or not do we need to look beyond these two and CH for an old CB to coach Dunk and Duffy somebody in the mould of Keown Adams Terry or similar 1 day a week. CH was a full back. Trollope a midfielder and Nevin a defender with no senor playing experience. Are we now missing what Caldrwood brought to the training ground.and suffering as a result.

I wonder what his old Spurs mate Gary Mabbut is doing now.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Baby_vs._Bathwater_Annotated.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What are you on about can you at least try to post something relevant and with some sense.in relation to a discussion.

Stat Brother has made the best contribution to the latter part of this thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here