Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal-there for the taking!

Feb 9, 2012
perth
After Saturday's great win and with confidence clearly running high on the field, I was already doing my best to buy into the hype of finally having a snowflakes of beating one the top 6. But after having just checked Arse's upcoming fixtures before and after us, I am genuinely beginning to drink the cool-aid.

This Thursday they surely can't be happy about hosting Citeh at home in the Prem after being so comprehensively taken apart by them last night in the Reindeer cup.

That gives them two days for further wound licking before having to turn up at the Amex with what's left of their heads firmly on the real game they play 4 days after us -away to AC Milan in the Europa league.

As far as the Prem goes they already have 6th place pretty much stitched up and have no chance of catching Chelsea in 5th, so not hard to imagine them already losing a bit of focus. Add to that, Wenger's mojo looks like its currently tanking like a Panzer, will there ever be a better time to take them on?

Time to believe or just increase the medication?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were up at their place, as well, and we didn't.

I have higher hopes now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All these threads about this, expect a 4-0 tonking

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not yet willing to get my hopes up enough to contemplate a win; but a point? Definitely achievable - they leak like a sieve, and we look like we can score these days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I actually think we will pick up our first point against one of the big boys. Great time to play Arsenal.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
While I don't disagree, and I am hopeful, didn't we say the same about Chelsea?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
There will be so much in the press about Arsenal in crisis this week, how many times have teams bounced back from the criticism by tonking someone?

I'm glad they have City next to put a buffer between our game so they can at least try and get something positive out of that game and slip back into the malaise when they play us.

I know a few Arsenal fans who have no belief they will get anything when they play us, they don't look interested and their away form is shocking for a big 6 club with top 4 aspirations.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Weather permitting, I hope City stuff them again on Thursday to keep them down on the canvass too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Arsenal have a ropey old defence. As long as we take the game to them, or at least do more of the fast counter-attacking we did against Swansea, there's every chance of turning them over.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On the predictor this is a loss, but we are still one point below par. Time to get that point back. Three points and we've got all afternoon to enjoy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sadly after they get tonked again by Man City on Thursday night, we're well in their firing line

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Having predicted a 1-0 narrow win against a 'below-strength' Chelsea, I'm keeping quiet on this one... :down:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We had this thread about Chelsea, and I think we did have a chance there, but frustratingly the formation was changed and at 2-0 down in 10 minutes, no chance from there.

With our usual formation, first choice XI, yeah I do think we have a chance.

We are the only team in the entire premier league to lose every one of our games against the top-6, that has to change at some point surely

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who cares if we get a 4-0 tonking?

We're Brighton, a team playing in the top flight for the first time in 30 years with a side still relying on players from the Championship season.
They're Arsenal, a team who were disappointed not to qualify for the biggest club competition in world football and are still playing in Europe.

They SHOULD be tonking us 4-0 with one arm tied behind their backs and their eyes closed. But if we go for them, there is just as much chance we might actually beat them 2-0. So why not go for it? Arsenal beating us is literally irrelevant, bar them racking up a cricket score which frankly isn't likely given the shambles they look right now.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
All down to the tactics we employ. If we sit back and defend deep and let them have the ball (as we did against Chelsea at home) they will tonk us. If we play the game on the front foot and defend high up the pitch, there is every chance we can expose their obvious fragility at the back and we have every chance of getting something from the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here