Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Day trip to London - Help

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the Littlehampton to Victoria line is staying open (via Three Bridges/Horsham).......it's only the Three Bridges/Brighton and Three Bridges/Lewes closing.

Oh cool thanks

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'll let a train expert answer but I think the Horsham line join the route to Victoria before the line closure.

They join at Three Bridges and it seems to be south of there that there are closures. I think looking at it there are some direct Brighton trains to London being diverted via. Horsham so that route should be fine.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
They join at Three Bridges and it seems to be south of there that there are closures. I think looking at it there are some direct Brighton trains to London being diverted via. Horsham so that route should be fine.

I’m coming down for the game Saturday. We have to change at East Croydon then down to Littlehampton and across via Worthing.
Ruddy nightmare

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Personally thought the Sky Garden was very underwhelming

... and booked up unless you want 7.30 a.m., I'll chat with my teenage Son's about getting the 5.50 a.m., but I'm not sure they'll be up for it!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'll let a train expert answer but I think the Horsham line join the route to Victoria before the line closure.

Joins at Three Bridges and am told North to Victoria from there is fine

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wouldn't you get off at Clapham Junction where there are more options?

Not for Underground, Clapham is actually really terrible to get to central London. Plus most long distance SWT services don't stop at Clapham these days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Cocktail bar at the top of the walkie talkie building give great views, and a half decent drink. It’s free, you just book your slot online in advance.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I'm afraid neither is rubbish.

Clapham serves as a useful point to get to Victoria, and everything bar Gatwick Express will stop there to help you get there. But Victoria is far from the most connected of London terminii for most of London and will require a change of line if using the tube (bus is better but obviously slower, and the whole place is a bloody building site). Slow trains to Waterloo stop there but most of the longer distance ones don't stop there, many are Woking then Waterloo, so if you were coming up from anywhere to the southwest of Woking (e.g. Portsmouth, Southampton, Waymouth, Salisbury) it's actually not that convenient to get to Clapham compared to just going into Waterloo.

As for the Underground, well there is no Underground station at Clapham (yet) and nor is there one conveniently close by (the Clapham ones being further east along the High Street. As the crow flies the nearest tube station to the Junction is Clapham south, a mile and a half away on foot. There is the Overground, however again for Central London it's terrible, involving most likely a change at West Brompton for the District line then probably another at Earl's Court to avoid being sent up toward Edgware Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here