Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally thought the Sky Garden was very underwhelming

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bounce:

Being a man of limited imagination (& budget), with children who are much the same, I was planning for us to go to The Science Museum next week.
I wasn't aware that the trains were up pooh street.

We can still go to London, Barnham - Havant - Waterloo which leaves me wondering if there's a 'day out' trip nearby.
The London Eye seems rather expensive.
I did notice the BFI IMAX cinema nearby, I guess the Eye will be cheaper, plus it also seems a waste to go to London for a trip to the cinema (gonna hand that question over to the film nerds).

I'm not sure they'll go with Tate Modern.

Any help would be much appreciated

Ta muchly.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Being a man of limited imagination (& budget), with children who are much the same, I was planning for us to go to The Science Museum next week.

We can still go to London, Barnham - Havant - Waterloo which leaves me wondering if there's a 'day out' trip nearby.
I did notice the BFI IMAX cinema nearby, I guess the Eye will be cheaper, plus it also seems a waste to go to London for a trip to the cinema (gonna hand that question over to the film nerds).

Ta muchly.

How about the Booth Museum in Brighton .... it's free!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Ta muchly.

Would still go with the Sky Garden. Free AND educational. But mainly free. Book up NOW to avoid half-term fully-booked disappointment.

Else maybe the Emirates cable-car over the Thames? Not too much else to see in that neck of the woods, but not a million miles from Greenwich either, taking in the tunnel UNDER the Thames. Then let the kids run amok like LOONS in the park.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The place is stuffed full of interesting and hillarious, well, stuff!

TBH London is the last place I'd go for a special day out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Ta muchly.

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/r...+Station&ToId=1000212&Date=20190220&Time=1145

14 minutes on tube from Waterloo to South Ken, just do your original plan!

If not then There is all sorts along the South Bank and the old County Hall including the Namco Funscape https://namcofunscape.com/london

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Ta muchly.

The aquarium is v close by. Not cheap though.

Unless you offer one of the kids as shark food, then it’s free. Works out as a cheap day out if you take a whole group of them. You get to decide whether you keep your kids or the neighbours’ too, depending on how they’ve behaved on the journey up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Ta muchly.

Natural History Museum is basically next door, alternatively London Zoo is good.

IMHO best way to get to South Ken from Waterloo if it's a nice day is walk out the station, across the bridge alongside the rail line into Charing Cross (can see Westminster / Eye etc.) then hop on the District at Embankment. Takes an extra 10 minutes or so but it's a nicer view than the tube. Depends how old your kids are.

On trains, can you not get to Victoria from Barnham via. Horsham?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ta muchly.

Have a look online for 'walking quiz tours' - we did one last year, was much better than I was expecting. Got to see loads of sights and learned a few things whilst ambling around

Walk along the Thames Path - Globe Theatre, Southwark, Borough Market, London Bridge, HMS Belfast, Tower Bridge...........really nice walk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Natural History Museum is basically next door, alternatively London Zoo is good.

IMHO best way to get to South Ken from Waterloo if it's a nice day is walk out the station, across the bridge alongside the rail line into Charing Cross (can see Westminster / Eye etc.) then hop on the District at Embankment. Takes an extra 10 minutes or so but it's a nicer view than the tube. Depends how old your kids are.

Thanks, but the NHM is proper shitehouse.

If you're of an age you probably have very fond memories of the place.
Going there now is like a trip back to that memory as the place hasn't changed a bit.

We are most definitely #TeamScienceMuseum.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks, but the NHM is proper shitehouse.

If you're of an age you probably have very fond memories of the place.
Going there now is like a trip back to that memory as the place hasn't changed a bit.

We are most definitely #TeamScienceMuseum.

Fair, not been for yonks. Did the British Museum a couple of years ago, don't bother.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have a look online for 'walking quiz tours' - we did one last year, was much better than I was expecting. Got to see loads of sights and learned a few things whilst ambling around

Walk along the Thames Path - Globe Theatre, Southwark, Borough Market, London Bridge, HMS Belfast, Tower Bridge...........really nice walk

I'm halfway through the quiz walk around St Paul's.
It certainly looks like it could be fun and probably a little easier doing it in London than lying on my sofa in sunny West Sussex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll let a train expert answer but I think the Horsham line join the route to Victoria before the line closure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here