Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Day trip to London - Help

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you're a museum person I'm a big fan of the Museum of London. I hated the imperial war museum which they've tried to make all interactive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Shard......champagne bar
Afternoon tea at a traditional hotel like Claridges or the Ritz (Fortnum and Mason also fantastic)
20 mile run along the Thames Path [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well we are going to the Tower of London Saturday

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Roof garden on the walkie talkie meant to be good. Not made it there yet though. Free but need to book.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Roof garden on the walkie talkie meant to be good. Not made it there yet though. Free but need to book.

Aye, free tickets for Sky Garden released each Monday for the following week.

But it's free anyway if you use bar or restaurants.

The Shard......champagne bar
Afternoon tea at a traditional hotel like Claridges or the Ritz (Fortnum and Mason also fantastic)
20 mile run along the Thames Path [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Funny enough marathon 148 is along the Thames towpath on Saturday. Very nice of the Albion to move the Arsenal fixture back.

Some good recommendations folk (except campaigning for Momentum :) - keep them coming)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Camden for lunch followed by a walk along the towpath to Regents Park, a walk in the park, then down to the South Bank for dinner and an evening stroll.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
1: Tube to St Johns Wood (i think) for Abbey road and the zebra crossing
2: Walk to Little Venice from there and get a canal boat trip (40 mins) along the canal to Camden Market, passing north of Hyde Park and through London Zoo too. £60m houses on the way too (Google Jason Tours and book - only £8)
3: Time in Camden Market to eat and browse and then tube to go to the Sky Garden in the Walkie Talkie (Fenchurch Street)
4: Short walk from Fenchurch Street and pick up a river boat from the Tower of London to maybe Greenwich or the o2
5: Tube back to London Bridge and do the Shard

Sounds tiring but its not and a great leftfield day out. I've taken friends of this 'tour' and it really is good)

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Richmond Park and hire a row boat at Richmond when tide is fully running then spend 30 mins intense rowing to avoid getting stuck under the bridge. Central London's full of tourists but walkie talkie is good considering it's free. Borough market's good for foodie stuff and you can walk to Tate modern then crash out on the comfy cushions in the basement. Rothko room's a personal fave there.
Greenwich is ok. Royal Opera House.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Leather lane for street food

I'm not familiar with this. I'd assumed from the name it was some sort of niche shopping area :ohmy:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I'm not familiar with this. I'd assumed from the name it was some sort of niche shopping area :ohmy:
There's loads of places for street food. Brick Lane is good for curry, beigel bakery's the best, go there and you'll never buy another supermarket beigel again.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Drive around London pretending you are an Uber driver and your wife is an Uber customer. Have her get out and back in the car a few times and sit in the back seat. Say "What's your name, luv" If stopped by the police drive very quickly back to Brighton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here